The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ballard's agent to talk to management

Vigneault shouldn't have played Bieksa against LA. Childish display of impatience with such an important month at stake. Tired of how he's treated Ballard; similar to how he's mishandled many younger, emerging players.

I simply can't believe he's on the same page as Gillis.

I think AV's plan is to always have some doghouse players he can blame on MG so that the team's failure to succeed is always a result of not having the right players not from his failure as a coach. If he can always claim he didn't have the right assets to get the job done, his job is secure.

Wait so you're telling me Leddy has the potential of any of those players you compared Tanev to? holy overrated batman..

Ok, we'll use youre argument, Is Leddy a top 4 Dman on the Canucks? Where does Tanev fit in the top 4 on the Canucks D?

If Tanev plays to his full potential as a shutdown Dman, he can potentially knock off Garrison on the top 4. Tanev is one of those young up and coming defenceman in the leauge you mentioned aswell...

You're severley overrating Leddy if you think he's in the Pietreangelo/Bogosian class...

If Tanev is playing for the Hawks infront of that offence, he would be getting some points aswell.

The Leddy trade was MB i admit, you still didnt admit that i never compared their skills, you just assumed that i think Tanev is better or equal to his skills because they\re both young and play on the bottom pairings.

AV has been very successful in his time here but anything is possible,I suppose.

Personally,I feel that Gillis has overpaid for certain players and the noose is tightening now that they have to parlay the contracts for the Barkers,etc. so they can add depth and balance they do not have.

So,in effect,AV does not have enough talent to choose from to get the job done.

The cupboard is bare and the rookies he has been told to play both have 3 assists in their 19 games played.

Add on to that a GM that can't make a trade to save his coach's career and here we are.

Maybe there are other possibilites too, I think Ballard is someone that would garner significant interest from teams, because he is a top 4 guy, and has played like it. Teams know that obviously, and the price wouldn't be high, and wouldn't be what a top 4 defenseman would cost, it is kind of a calculated risk, but really there isn't a ton of risk if they have been paying attention to the situation.

The price would really either be IMO:

- a 3rd line center, someone who brings a certain skillset, preferably someone considered to be a 2nd/3rd tweener. Basically someone with the value of a Higgins or a Raymonf, And thats perfectly acceptable to expect.

- Or a right side defenseman of the same calibre as KB4, basically a 4-5 guy, who can play the right side comfortably.

The 1st option is probably more likely to come from most teams, but really the price isn't rediculous at all, and is very much solid, I'll think of some other possibilites and run them by here.

Not very encouraging. A GM who seems like a deeer caught inthe headlights when it comes to acquiring any proven talent and a coach who appears incapable of getting the most out of what he has - which on paper at least - is a far better team than what we are seeing on the ice.

If i was Aquilini, I'd be paying very close attention. The Canucks will fill those seats no matter what and they have (on paper) loads of talent...something is missing.

Garrison/Edler/Bieksa even Tanev all have huge shots on the PP, and Hammhuis quarterbacks decently well, great pass and enough situational awareness to not get burned.

You forget Ballard was brought here as a VETERAN OFFENSIVE defenceman, thats suppose to be his specialty. Unfortunatly we have 5 guys better at it then he is. I also remember them using him last year and he was god awful at it.

Hodgson

Ballard

Malholtra - doesn't agree with Gillis decision... he wants a trade, it should be his decision to play or not, Not Gillis's, it ain't his body. Imagine if someone did that to Ohlund after his eye injury? I know Malholtra wasn't playing very well but he would be fine on a weaker team...

Then there's the veterans - Naslund, Linden, M. Schneider clearly all had a problem with AV at one point.

Shirokov was a +1 with 1 point in 2 games and then gets sent down for no reason........

Kesler and AV at times....

There's been enough to cause some concern... makes you wonder eh.....

They probably hire people to come on the boards and endlessly defend AV and Gillis.

You would think if any of your proposals had merit they would have been consummated by this point and time.

It is not like Luo was just put on the block or the entire d squad does not have silly salaries-Bieksa,Garrison and Ballard.

Never mind AV is strapped with one goalie that does not want to be here and the charade has continued all year long.

Besides making me nauseous with endless thoughts that go nowhere you can't even bother to take one moment to spell properly.

If you think your ideas have so much merit consider that your presentations are not.

Do you not recall his first NHL goal? Shirokov scored his first NHL and the Canucks take a 3-2 lead over Colorado.

John Garrett: WOW, what a play!

John Shorthouse: Did he deserve that, what a night he's having

Canuck fans: What a sick move and goal - we're up by one now!

AV: Looks completely disgusted! (13sec. mark)

He was sent down after the next game.

Actually I did admit that you weren't comparing their skill

But regardless of such - you continue to argue it. If you read my entire post throughly.... I NEVER compared Tanev to Hedman, Bogo, Pietrangelo based on skill... I used your argument, that they were young and on a NHL top 6, that they were comparable.

I was accused in a previous conversation in Off Topic, that I wasn't fully comprehending what I was reading, I didn't agree with this accusation from the other poster, but maybe you should heed that advice.

As Elvis said above - it may not be what you intended to suggest in the first place, but it's what you said by the way you worded it.

I will reiterate again - I never said that Leddy is in the same class as those players, I used those players to point out how vague and ludacris your point was - but you have missed that point, and are now suggesting that I am lumping Tanev/Leddy in with those guys.

Maybe you should watch some Blackhawks games, and see that Leddy's defensive side of the game isn't terrible, he isn't a go-go offensive guy who can't hold his own in the D zone. This is way I am saying that Leddy is better then Tanev, because he is only slightly worse then Tanev in the D zone.... but he can actually shoot the puck.

But I am sure you are going to say I overrated him, because you didn't fully read the post. Nor did I agree that Tanev=Leddy because they are young and have the potential to be top 4.

Do you not recall his first NHL goal? Shirokov scored his first NHL and the Canucks take a 3-2 lead over Colorado.

John Garrett: WOW, what a play!

John Shorthouse: Did he deserve that, what a night he's having

Canuck fans: What a sick move and goal - we're up by one now!

AV: Looks completely disgusted! (13sec. mark)

He was sent down after the next game.

I'm usually about 80% in favour of AV, but I've gotta admit, I want Crow hockey back. (at least if we're going to be taking bench minors for "abusing" the refs, get someone who knows how to abuse them)

I've seen enough Hawk games to see he gets sheltered minutes and some time playing with the top line. He also gets PP time that Tanev doesnt get, but as you popout a out like a hundred times, he's an offensive defenceman.

Tanev rarely sees ice time with our top line, is paired with mistake proned partners where as Leddy gets to play with Rosizval.

You never said Leddy is in the same class as them ok fair enough, i never said Tanev's skills was the same as Leddy... you still havnt proved that i said that yet, so im waiting...

Youre the one that started the comparrison with the other young players around the leauge not me.

If you read my original post i never once said Tanev's skills = Leddy's skills, you just assumed it. then blew this up like im comparing Tanev to all other teams young players skill wise.

Maybe that poster in the off topic thread was right...

What do you mean do I not recall? I said he had 1 point which was his goal.

That look on AV's face says it all... how can you people say he doesn't have favorites or bias against offensively minded players?

Seriously what other NHL coach would be pissed off that one of his prospects scored a nice goal?

It would be nice having him on a line with Kes and Booth to provide some creativity that we clearly lack.

Edit: ^^

Proabably because AV killed all his confidence when he did nothing wrong?

Archived