The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Brandon Dubinski being shopped

I don't think that bringing in a guy @ 4.2 that can play in the middle on the second or third lines is a reach, plus he brings some much needed toughness and can also play the wing.

I think if MG can get this done that there will be other deals to follow to straighten out our cap. I think that once an initial deal is done, that the rest of the pieces will fall into place as far as where we're going with this lineup.

I think that the first deal will be the big one, and a couple of smaller ones to follow, would love it if Dubinsky were the so-called big one.

Would really love to see Clarkson end up here somehow as well, as he is a FA at the end of the season, I think we may be able to pry him out of NJ.

Give them Schroeder and a 1st or 2nd round pick for Dubisnky.

Picks are extremely valuable, especially later in the season and for a team that's rebuilding. Gagne was had for a 4th rounder.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Dubisnky - Hansen

Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

That's a playoff-ready lineup.

Yea. GMMG can make it happen. Hes gonna have to roll up his sleeves and a read up a book on Burkie. However I cant possibly see anyone trading for Booth. Ballad is movable.

So back to your point, taking on a contract like that, would require the moving of Lu or Ballard, since Booth is going to be a real hard sell.

That being said I dont think we need to move Lu for Dubinsky. I believe he could be had for Shredder +

Schneider

Ballard

Schroeder

2013 6th rd pick

for

Dubinsky

Tyutin

Boll

Aucoin

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Raymond-Dubinsky-Hansen

Boll-Lapierre-Kassian

Edler-Garrison

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Tyutin-Tanev/Aucoin

Luongo

Backup G

Yea. GMMG can make it happen. Hes gonna have to roll up his sleeves and a read up a book on Burkie. However I cant possibly see anyone trading for Booth. Ballad is movable.

So back to your point, taking on a contract like that, would require the moving of Lu or Ballard, since Booth is going to be a real hard sell.

That being said I dont think we need to move Lu for Dubinsky. I believe he could be had for Shredder +

Give them Schroeder and a 1st or 2nd round pick for Dubisnky.

Picks are extremely valuable, especially later in the season and for a team that's rebuilding. Gagne was had for a 4th rounder.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Dubisnky - Hansen

Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

That's a playoff-ready lineup.

I think if dub is going to cost something like Schroeder we should pass. If he was on a 3mill contract I'd be more inclined but I would rather give lapierre the job and pick up another 4th line centre than have a 4.2mill 3rd line centre for the next few years.

Think about it.. Ppl would be calling for dubs head all the time and saying why are we paying 4.2 for our 3c when our top six can't score

Archived