The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

Forsberg smurf and others I regularyl debate goaltending with... I don't mean any disrespect but u guys really have a fogged vision when it comes to goaltending and I doubt your knowlEdge. I'm sure u feel the same from ur point of view ...

Other than goaltending I do respect the other opinions u post on this forum. We'll never agree on the goaltending situation and only time will tell.

if you say so!!! My 43 yrs of playing(junior, international) and coaching up to junior hockey tells me otherwise. But, do tell me what makes you think you know more or have more technical goaltending understanding. Heck, even AV who played in the NHL has a goaltending coach because he as well as other coaches don't profess to know goaltending. A bantam goalie like you, maybe,knows more than the rest of us. pitiful and appalling.

He won the Jennings. It was his team.

2007 he was nominated for the hart Pearson vezina. He was surely better than brodeur and only didn't win because of the eastern bias .... anyone who thinks brodeur was the better goalie in 2007 can eat my crap.

2011 again he was considered for the vezina... lost out to Thomas who isn't an elite goalie... had a spectacular season for the second time in his career. Other than that year and 2009t he was a junk goalie in his career.

And we saw what he did with a good dman infront of him on team Canada. Gold.

He save our ass vs the Czechs and was great in the final

vezina voting results

thomas 104 points

rinne 84 points

luongo 33 points

not even close to 2nd which was held by a western goalie

couldn't find 2007 but was a much closer race between him and brodeur

brodeur had 1 more win .01 better sv percentage and a .1 better gaa tight race hardly bias brodeur probably got it with the extra win setting a new nhl record for most wins by a nhl goalie

the jennings was shared between luongo and schneider were both goalies played a part in earning that trophy wasn't just one guy winning it

thomas was hardly a junk goaltender back then the 2011 vezina was his 2nd in 3 years

you can toss that elite title around all you want for luongo but he has just a jennings trophy shared with schneider to show for his efforts which compared to other goalies around the league isn't very much

not saying he is a horrible goalie but he isn't this all star best goalie in the world you make him out to be face the facts

Lol he shat on Rinne in the playoffs... did u watch tthat 2011 series lui vs Rinne?

Thomas is crap. He was godlike for two years. The year in between his vezina he was bad. The years after and before he was bad. Not elite... didn't string two good seasons together EVER

Say he shared it all u want but he was the starter. Its stupid to give a back up a trophy.

if you say so!!! My 43 yrs of playing(junior, international) and coaching up to junior hockey tells me otherwise. But, do tell me what makes you think you know more or have more technical goaltending understanding. Heck, even AV who played in the NHL has a goaltending coach because he as well as other coaches don't profess to know goaltending. A bantam goalie like you, maybe,knows more than the rest of us. pitiful and appalling.

Unless you're an NHL goalie that played in the current era I know more about goaltending than you most likely.

And I said this era... if u happen to be Kelly hrudy, it doesn't count he's a pos goalie with no knowledge of the current game... who iis still sour over lui gettinng his saves record in game one vs stars and deliberately making sure cbc credited him with less saves so hrudy could keep the record

Luongo will be in the HHOF ... he's been through two lock outs now and his wins total is monster. Even tho he played on a crap team Florida for most his career. His stats are godlike... anyone that degrades him and says he isn't elite is insane.

Luongo's time is up here, but to minimize what he did for us that year is pathetic The bolded part is a really weak argument, have you even looked at the list of backups he has had before and during the time cory has been in van organization, Luo would have had to have had a 1.00 GAA to win the jennings with the goalie backups he has had before schneider started playing good in 2010/11.

2006-7 Dany Sabourin - where is he, in the ahl with an nhl career of 2.87

2007-8 Curtis Sanford - Where is he in the khl spent the better part of the last 5 years in the ahl, nhl career 2.72

2007-8 Drew Macintyre - where is he played a total of 4 nhl games

2008-09 Jason Labarbera - Career backup phoenix Coyotes nhl career GAA 2.84

2008-09 Cory Schneider* We all know how good he is now, he couldnt be counted on GAA wise until 2010-11

2009-10 Andrew Raycroft career backup nhl career 2.89 GAA, now in Italian League

Archived