The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whites To Become Minority in Metro Vancouver by 2031

DonLever

I have at least 4 asian friends out of the top of my head that are married to Caucasion women.

friend 1. ex co worker chinese guy married a girl for St.Johns

friend 2. a hockey buddy marrying a caucasion girl from his work place

friend 3. high school friend married caucasion women

friend 4. Japanese friend marrying a cacasion women.

Its not white girls dont go for asian, guys, its most asian guys prefer asian women.

also its the males that are suppose to do the pursuing. Not the women. Again, most asian men prefer asian women.

Not gonna happen. Very few that come here now embrace Canada or care about learning English. Segregation will be the way of the future. There are already many signs in Richmond that basically state that white people are not welcome., Face facts, most ethnicities that come here stick to their own and cater to their own.

There are many jobs in Vancouver and the lower mainland that require you to speak something other than English or French to be hired.

Thats the only beef I have with the Chinese culture and others in general. Talked with a friend who is from Richmond and she said it got so bad (she grew up there) that she had to move. All jobs should ONLY require English or French (national languages) to get a job, not chinese or punjab, etc., other than that I have no problem with anyone at all.

The wikipedia page for Canada demographics shows that only about 4% of Canada's population is Chinese, and that's the largest non-white demographic group.

While Vancouver and Toronto have high non-white populations, the rest of the country is pretty white bread.

it goes both ways. lot of asian guys get brain washed into thinking white girl make bad wives, thanks to their mothers telling them not to marry one. Ask around, this is not an uncommon misconception/stereotype.

it is less of a big deal with european whites ladies, compared to say rural US whites. It's all about familiarity with the culture. asian girls and white men are culturally more accepted, thanks to WWII in the pacific, vietnam war, korea war, with all the US GI cross pollinating. it is certainly much less of a taboo than say black girl and white guy, although this is becoming almost a non issue these days, except for say some US rural areas. it was illegal for interracial marriage in the US before 1967. first interracial kiss on TV was captain Kirk and Uhura. We've came a long way, I guess.

The problem isn't the immigrants it's the seclusion/segregation of them (largely of their own doing). We need to find positive ways to encourage their inclusion in to Canadian society. All the "problems" people have with immigrants stem from THAT issue IMO.

You want to fix the language issue? Figure out how we encourage people to integrate with ALL Canadians and not just their respective Chinese, Indian etc cultures that happen to be in Canada. As an English speaking Canadian, make an effort to integrate yourself with immigrants.

Archived