The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'My Contract Sucks'

nux4lyfe

One thing that really ticked me off about the Luongo interview (I've really thought about it and I'm only pointing this out mainly) was the fact He said "My contract sucks"..

I'm the biggest Lu fan and have been since day 1, but to not only throw yourself under the bus but the management too is really sad...Now we are are even in a worse position because other teams that actually would trade for him now will use that as leverage...sure everyone knows that, but once you admit to it, it's a diff story.

might as well have taken on a part of his salary and the 2nd, 3rd pick..we'd be lucky to even get a 4th now..has been a class act since the beginning and should of stayed that way.

And also, when a trade was going to happen with the Laffs, just because he thought he could go to Florida he said "no', why should management get their cards taken away from them?

It doesn't matter what he says about his contract!

Seriously, it doesn't. It doesn't take Luongo coming out and saying that his contract sucks for everyone else to say 'omg! his contract sucks! i can't believe we almost traded for him'. As if people don't already criticize everything lu says as it is.He's an honest guy and tells it like it is. No GM needed lu to tell them that his contract sucked. It changes nothing that he has said it. If Luongo had said he had a great contract, would that magically trick GM's into thinking that he had a good contract? Nope. They can think for themselves. We have been trying to trade Lu for many months. He is still here so that is all the evidence you need to know about how other GM's feel about that contract.

I had no problem with him saying that. I get so fed up with the same regurgitated crap that comes out of the players mouths every day...it's refreshing to get some real emotion. He was only telling the truth...and I don't think it will matter much since Tdot is gunna choke at the end of this season. ;)

I had no problem with him saying that. I get so fed up with the same regurgitated crap that comes out of the players mouths every day...it's refreshing to get some real emotion. He was only telling the truth...and I don't think it will matter much since Tdot is gunna choke at the end of this season. ;)

I found the stories about how Luongo turned down a trade to Toronto early on, holding off for Florida, quite disturbing. Here, everyone was complimenting Luongo on how good and professional he was being while handling the whole situation, being a team-player while sitting on the bench. Well I'd HOPE so if he turned down his ticket out of town. If that story is true, then he has no right to be anything but professional and a team player about this whole situation the rest of the way.

I found the stories about how Luongo turned down a trade to Toronto early on, holding off for Florida, quite disturbing. Here, everyone was complimenting Luongo on how good and professional he was being while handling the whole situation, being a team-player while sitting on the bench. Well I'd HOPE so if he turned down his ticket out of town. If that story is true, then he has no right to be anything but professional and a team player about this whole situation the rest of the way.

Archived