The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2-0 Coyotes

JE14

We found our mojo.. Smith played great, not concerned about lack of scoring tonight. We looked good.. Man, Schneider is un-effin-believable. He could be our Jonathan Quick.

I'm liking our chances right now.. We're not perfect yet, but I would say well on our way. We got just the right amount of games to tweak our play and lineup before the playoffs. Hot Schneider and 4 solid lines. That's how it works, folks.. I got a good feeling this year.

Maybe we crash and burn, who knows... But at least were going in with a different approach. The adversity team that's getting hot at the right time. Like that more than another power house upset.

AV kesler powerplay response is priceless haha

I hear what your suggesting.

How about Raymond/Roy/Hansen (puts Roy with the guys who'll score and man what speed + Higgins/Kesler/Kassian (serious work rate with Higgins & Kess + some beef to tackle big lines). Better yet; Higgin/Kesler/Burrows and Kassian/Twins?

Raymond was great with Kesler tonite, and Hansen has not been the same since being separated from Raymond - remember all those Raymond layups to put Hansen in on a breakaway. Put Raymond and Hansen around Kesler and it will be one hell of a line. Higgins and Roy are a good pairing and adding Kassian to that line shouldn't hurt because those two don't use Hansen much anyway.

I would still like to see Hansen with Kes and Mayray.

First reason being that I think Hansens's speed would help Kes and he has good chemistry with Raymond.

Second reason I think Roy who already looks to have chemistry with Higgins would bring Kassian on just like the Twins and would play him in more than Kes would.

Great team effort though. Schneider is looking good for playoffs and I love the way Garrison has found another gear.

Wow, what a game!!! I'd like to think the Canucks have their D mojo back, they are limiting how little shots at Schneider and the ones that get through, Schneids is shutting the door. With the D playing the way they are capable of, the offense is coming and at the right time, with the addition of Kes & Roy. Speed kills and we have it in spades. I just love the chemistry between Higgins and Roy, interchange Hansen and Kassian and see how that plays out, Hansen had good chemistry with Raymond why break it up?

So how does playoff seeding work after rd 1? 1, 2, 3 original seeding is pretty much guaranteed Chi, Ana, Van. I'm reading on twitter that's it's possible Van vould miss LA and Chi in 2nd round? OH BOY would that be great. The only 2 teams that I'm concerned about.

on a side note I swear half the people at the game either have never watched hockey before or just flatout don't pay attention to what's going on lol. After our goal was waved off everyone was booing the refs off the ice even after they showed the replay, that could not have been more blatantly kicked in so what are you crying about.

Also we probably have the best center depth now with Henrik-Kesler-Roy-Lapierre. What a difference a week can make since we had Henrik-Schroeder-Lapierre-Ebbett for like a month.

Kesler had a great first game back, a goal, 3 hits and 64% on the dot, D stepped up without Tanev playing. The big 4 playing 21+ and Ballard-Alberts got 13 mins. Outshot the Coyotes. Overall a pretty solid game.

Only downside would be Roy in the dot. 29% (actually looking at his stats he is 45% in faceoffs this year but in each of his Canuck games he has been 40% vs Oilers, 29% vs Flames and now 29% vs Coyotes) hope he gets better

They played a better game tonight compared to that Calgary game, no doubt Kesler helped with that.

Great to see 3 lines that can get legit scoring chances.

I think that "Hamhuis" goal is the Nucks only SH goal of the season lol.

Higgins played great, hope he can keep this play up in the Playoffs.

*Yawn* Schneider getting it done again.

Archived