The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Finally Kesler on the wing!

rkoshack

Don't see a problem with Roy at 3c, give him decent wingers like Higgins and Kass/Hansen/Raymond/Booth and roll the lines. Minutes wise won't be a big difference, I like the idea of Kes at the wing but I thought the whole point of the Roy deal was to stack the team down the middle.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kes Lappy

Raymond Roy Hansen

Sestito Ebbett Weisse/Pinnizotto

Our lines when Booth gets back

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Kes Kassian

Booth Roy Hansen

Sestito/ Ebbett Lappy Weisse

Being strong down the middle is the key fir a deep run. Having Kesler on the wing doesn't fix that.

Let's just throw all the names in a bingo ball cage and form our lines by pulling them out in sequences of three, then two for defense, starting goalie and back up.

That's why they had both goalies in the hardest shot competition, right? Just in case?

I could see doubling Kesler and Roy up on a line if the Canucks had another depth center who plays a shutdown style of game.

As it stands, without Malhotra, and with smaller two way centers like Ebbett and Schroeder as the 5 and 6 options (centering the 3rd line), I'm not a big fan of the idea of using Kesler as winger with Roy (or vice versa, which I think makes more sense). Then again, AV makes decisions situationally, so getting some time in practice with Roy and Kesler together makes sense. The Canucks may need to load up in situations where they need to score/ are trailing a game, but I'd be surprised if that turned out to be a general option.

Kesler's been racking up the assists lately so this makes no sense to me. If he was shooting the way he normally does, then it would make sense to play him with Roy, but right now he's doing a great job of setting up his linemates. Hopefully Roy can spark his scoring touch again, but I'd honestly much rather see this if Kesler's going to be used as a winger:

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Burrows - Roy - Hansen

Raymond - Schroeder - Kassian

Weise - Lapierre - Sestito

Either way, having 3 scoring centers gives this team a lot of scary options. We're basically deeper than we were with even Hodgson, which is frightening.

since all the cool kids are doing it.....

here is my kessler on the wing everyones healthy for playoffs line up

sedin-sedin-burrows

higgins-roy-kessler

raymond-shredder-hansen

booth-lappy-kassian

tostitoes-ebbit-weise as black aces

that looks to me like 4 lines that could roll all night long baby

Really like the move, Roy is a better play maker and Kes should thrive off of this.

Like Schroeder as the option for 3rd line over Ebbet, I guess AV is going with experience, I think Schroeder can be a difference maker if given the chance.

Lou should have gotten the start last game, let Schnides fully recover, but I have no problem with Lou in between the pipes for this game.

I hope AV gets the line juggling out of his system and sticks with a decided lineup before too long, give the boys 4 or so games before the playoffs to stick with the lines that have been decided on.

Archived