The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Red Wings 1-2 Canucks

JE14

So true.

Here's what I care about - I care about winning. And when they win, they've done enough...isn't always pretty. Sometimes they don't deserve it but, if they've managed to somehow do it, it's good enough for me. Wish people here were more realistic with their expectations. We don't need to "look" the best, we need to get the most points. And we're doing ok with that.

Grabner for Ballard didn't work out as well as we had hoped, but the Hodgson trade didn't mortgage our future uless you can see in to the future and know that Kassian is a shred of the player Hodgson has turned in to.

I think we look pretty decent in the future with guys like Kassian, Jensen, Corrado, Schroeder, Gaunce, Lack, Rodin, Lain. We have a lot of bigger guys developing, and if Kassian, Jensen, and Gaunce can pan out then we would have a pretty awesome ENORMOUS line.

Grabner for Ballard didn't work out as well as we had hoped, but the Hodgson trade didn't mortgage our future uless you can see in to the future and know that Kassian is a shred of the player Hodgson has turned in to.

I think we look pretty decent in the future with guys like Kassian, Jensen, Corrado, Schroeder, Gaunce, Lack, Rodin, Lain. We have a lot of bigger guys developing, and if Kassian, Jensen, and Gaunce can pan out then we would have a pretty awesome ENORMOUS line.

Man I'd hate to think how negative the comments would be if we actually lost this game...

Some of you people are just full time complainers. Just support the damn team.

They are what they are. Either support them, or shut up. No one wants to hear your constant b*tching about what's wrong. It doesn't change anything.

Sure...for a game here and there it can be ugly and a W is a W but...when the defficiencies, lack of effort etc. keep repeating game after game, the symptoms will eventually lead to illness.

I know where you're coming from but you remind me of my wife with her car...as loiong as it starts and moves when she puts it in gear, allis well. Smoke from the rear, grinding noises etc, go unnoticed and un-reported. She's happy. Problem is, eventually the car breaks down.

This team shows "symptoms" of not being healthy enough to go deep against any contending teams. Does it mean they won't, of course not. Anything is possible but if you can't score more than 1 goal a game, you had better have the best D and Goaltending in the league every night. So far this year, their D-zone has been lacking and it has fallen on the goalies to keep them in it. What happens when they face a goalie of equal quality and a team that can score...see Boston, LA series!!

We all want them to win and it is always better than losing but, some of us care HOW the team is playing as it is often an indicator of how successful they will be down the road. Many of us remember the team's performance heading into last year's playoffs and how many were saying "they're saving it" or "they'll elevate their game come playoffs". Well...they didn't. Scary thing is, last year's team was not playing great down the stretch but was still playing better than this team is now.

Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory!

So true.

People don't understand that NHL hockey is a battle, not a cake walk. They expect flawless execution, end to end rushes and danglers that produce spectacular highlight film. But, really, it's a grind it out deal at times. It's a dig to the bottom of the tank affair at times especially after, what?, 6 games in 9 days (or something similar) where there have been long flights in between. The guys who pick up controllers can win that way (razzle dazzle all the time) but these are not robots or simulated players...they're human beings. Some days, it's going to be ugly. Tired. Less than perfect but, if they scrape it out, they're ok.

Here's what I care about - I care about winning. And when they win, they've done enough...isn't always pretty. Sometimes they don't deserve it but, if they've managed to somehow do it, it's good enough for me. Wish people here were more realistic with their expectations. We don't need to "look" the best, we need to get the most points. And we're doing ok with that.

I don't expect any of that. I expect them to care enough to actually put in a solid effort every game.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of people making these kinds of excuses. In case you didn't notice, ALL teams have had the same issues and in many cases worse issues than the Canucks this season. yet those teams still manage to actually put forth the effort game in and game out for the most part. The Canucks have had a half dozen games if that this season where they actually put in a reasonable effort.

And the really sad part is you think they will suddenly up their compete level come playoff time. No they won't. Everyone said that last year too and they were just as deluded as you into thinking they were playing just fine (see Hank's comments last night) and that they just have to play that same way to win games. If they don't care about winning the right way now they won't care about it in the first round. And in the playoffs winning these types of games by putting in 10 minutes of effort and sitting back hoping they can hold on simply does not happen as often.

I don't expect any of that. I expect them to care enough to actually put in a solid effort every game.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of people making these kinds of excuses. In case you didn't notice, ALL teams have had the same issues and in many cases worse issues than the Canucks this season. yet those teams still manage to actually put forth the effort game in and game out for the most part. The Canucks have had a half dozen games if that this season where they actually put in a reasonable effort.

And the really sad part is you think they will suddenly up their compete level come playoff time. No they won't. Everyone said that last year too and they were just as deluded as you into thinking they were playing just fine (see Hank's comments last night) and that they just have to play that same way to win games. If they don't care about winning the right way now they won't care about it in the first round. And in the playoffs winning these types of games by putting in 10 minutes of effort and sitting back hoping they can hold on simply does not happen as often.

The problem with debluv and all the ppl like her is that they look at things from a very narrow perspective.

Winning has a unique way of hiding the significant issues that need to be addressed.

So why do you watch/bother then? If it's a foregone conclusion that they're doomed, why hang around and be a sucker for punishment? There's only so much whining and complaining to be done before the expectation is that you take action (I'm also referring to Wall Street in this).

If it's all figured out, why not pack it in now? Surely you hold out the same hope I do if you're still here....so why is that?

It's not about a narrow perspective, it's about what I expect out of things in comparison to you. I'm excited FOR the playoffs, you just care about the end result. I want to watch some good, hard hitting, intense playoffs with buildings roaring. You may as well just check the outcome in the paper.

A narrow perspective may be that you think you can foresee the future...I know you can't. Anything can happen.

Yes, we've had issues. Doesn't mean they can't/won't be overcome or addressed.

I like a wait and see approach...but you already "know" so why not just move on? You're still here, so you likely believe we have some sort of chance too. If not, you're wasting everyone's time, no?

So if I'm wrong for holding out hope and believing that we have a chance what is your excuse for watching every game? To watch us fail and say "I told you so?". At least I'm "in it to win it" and not to prove we'll lose.

So why do you watch/bother then?

If it's all figured out, why not pack it in now? Surely you hold out the same hope I do if you're still here....so why is that?

It's not about a narrow perspective, it's about what I expect out of things in comparison to you. I'm excited FOR the playoffs, you just care about the end result. I want to watch some good, hard hitting, intense playoffs with buildings roaring. You may as well just check the outcome in the paper.

A narrow perspective may be that you think you can foresee the future...I know you can't. Anything can happen.

I like a wait and see approach...but you already "know" so why not just move on? You're still here, so you likely believe we have some sort of chance too. If not, you're wasting everyone's time, no?

I want to know your credentials - you hockey experts who have it figured out?

This team is going to get murdered in the playoffs. I can't see them getting out of the first round. Far too inconsistent, leaning on goaltending way too much, the Sedins themselves are a far cry from where they were two seasons ago. ... There's a lot of big things and little things wrong with this team.

So why do you watch/bother then?

I want to know your credentials - you hockey experts who have it figured out?

...and this:

I have no moans about this result at all. I thought we would get run over so I'm not going to bleat on about 14 shots or anything else.

We beat a team who were scrapping for their playoff life. The team wasn't any old team, it was the Redwings and we did it with a mix 'n match group cobbled together.

We also lost KB4 for part of the game and so all in all I'm actually "chuffed"

Archived