The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Red Wings 1-2 Canucks

JE14

I saw a few good, clean hits tonight against Detroit and none of them were by Kassian, our supposed physical presence.

Pinozotto has one

Edler had a great one on Franzen I believe!

Weise had one (on Datsyuk)

Kesler had one (on Datsyuk again)

That's what you have to do to good players like Datsyuk, unless you're more skilled than him and basically nobody on the Canucks is.

All I saw Kassian do was get poke-checked at the Detroit line...Sigh. Pathetic. Doesn't even try to throw a hit. Oh and he was on the second line tonight, 13:19 TOI and did nothing. So what's his excuse this game? He was playing with Kes and MayRay....

Absolutely terrible game by everyone except Garrison and Schneider. Say what you want about Detroit, they're a non-playoff team right now and they embarassed us. Nearly outshot us 3-1 and out-chanced us as well.

Jason Garrison played a mammoth game for the Canucks once again - he is by far our best defenceman, if not our MVP, and no one is giving him the credit he deserves. Defensively, this guy is a stud in front of our own net. I'm always watching him clear the crease with ease, and he has a nasty streak to him that the Canucks have missed since Mitchell left. Thank god for Garrison, because without him this team is not a playoff team and the defence REALLY would have fallen apart. That's not even to mention the half a dozen scoring chances he created.

Alberts had a strong game as well, as did Barker who was throwing great passes up the ice all night long.

Up front, our forwards couldn't muster any offence up. Everyone was invisible, save for Burrows and Hansen on a couple of "chances" that didn't even make it on net.

Blame fatigue, blame lack of motivation, but performances like this against the 9th seed is a joke.

As for Schneider, I said a while ago that whoever comes up with clutch saves at key times in games deserves to be our starting goalie for the playoffs, and Schneider made some huge saves late in the game, as well as in overtime which is what you need in the playoffs. This was one game against a terrible offence though (Detroit have really struggled offensively of late so don't look too much into this) - I will judge his entire season based on his performances against Chicago and Anaheim.

Man I'd hate to think how negative the comments would be if we actually lost this game...

Some of you people are just full time complainers. Just support the damn team.

They are what they are. Either support them, or shut up. No one wants to hear your constant b*tching about what's wrong. It doesn't change anything.

Kassian was credited with 3 hits last night.The only comparables were Lappy/Wesie with 4 and Hansen/ Alberts with 3. When you looked up all those stats including Kassians TOI, you would have seen that there. Yes one hit was memorable, he stapled a Wing in front of the benches.

I am just going to assume the truth couldn't get through your hate filter...

Good post. I think people are just frustrated with Kassian not producing at the clip he was to start the season, that they ignore the little things he does really well. He's actually pretty good defensively for his age/role, is a good passer, decent hands in front of the net, and stands up for his teammates

edler, and lappy scored, i think that was good. also hammer and garrison played awesome. oh and no third period meltdowns like the dallas game.... when you win its just not the goaltending... lol its the fact the wings couldn't find the net.

You're talking about 2013-14, right? Well all I can say is, how that season plays out depends first on what they do with Luongo - who do they trade him for? If it's for someone like a Shea Weber or a Henrik Zetterberg (whether or not that turns out so), then they'll still be sound. If they give him away for nothing, they're left with a huge hole - no free agents can fill it. Kiss the playoffs and the Stanley Cup goodbye.

Got to agree, the rest of the division is gotten better, while the Nucks have been complacently sinking like the Titanic. Edmonton is just one or two trades away from becoming a division contender. Colorado with a lotto-pick, you can expect them to explode soon. Calgary has done more than Vancouver to climb up, while Minnesota is already challenging Vancouver.

I don't think some people realize that the Wings gave it everything they had. That was a must win for them and we limited them to 1 goal.

You can complain about the Canucks effort, but the bottom line is, they didn't need to win that game. They put minimal effort in and still won the game. Any team that can do that is a pretty good team, with great goalteding.

If the offense gets rolling here, they're in great shape.

Out of shape

Didn't want to be here

Didn't fit on the team

haha. if you keep repeating these things they still are not true

We gave away Two young players on pace for 30 goals in a full season while paying 5 million for roy, 4 mill for booth and relying on a bunch of ahl players. Gillis has mismanaged the talent on this team and it is a far worse team than it should be skill wise. for the $$$$$ and for the future PERIOD.

FYI.. we don't need grit on the 3rd line.. we didn't lose in the playoffs any year because of lack of grit. .we lost because we didn't score. This year will be no different unless our goalies stand on their heads and we win 1-0 all the time. It didn't have to be this way.

Gut check time. I just waded through 7 pages of this crap. Should I fight through the pain and venture into the [Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0? There has only been 10 pages added since the end of the trade deadline. Perhaps I should do battle with those who claim that CoHo and MiGra are superstars and leagues ahead of anyone on the Canucks. Did you know they would be top scorers on this team if they were still here? Or I could have another cup of coffee, open up the blinds and go outdoors to clash with my yard.

FYI the next game of any importance for this team will be ~April 30th. Bring your white towels, we're gonna need them this year. GCG.

I don't think some people realize that the Wings gave it everything they had. That was a must win for them and we limited them to 1 goal.

You can complain about the Canucks effort, but the bottom line is, they didn't need to win that game. They put minimal effort in and still won the game. Any team that can do that is a pretty good team, with great goalteding.

So true.

People don't understand that NHL hockey is a battle, not a cake walk. They expect flawless execution, end to end rushes and danglers that produce spectacular highlight film. But, really, it's a grind it out deal at times. It's a dig to the bottom of the tank affair at times especially after, what?, 6 games in 9 days (or something similar) where there have been long flights in between. The guys who pick up controllers can win that way (razzle dazzle all the time) but these are not robots or simulated players...they're human beings. Some days, it's going to be ugly. Tired. Less than perfect but, if they scrape it out, they're ok.

Here's what I care about - I care about winning. And when they win, they've done enough...isn't always pretty. Sometimes they don't deserve it but, if they've managed to somehow do it, it's good enough for me. Wish people here were more realistic with their expectations. We don't need to "look" the best, we need to get the most points. And we're doing ok with that.

Archived