The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Corrado or Ballard

Canouver

As long as Alberts come playoff time, is our last option. Our Def depth is excellent.

Hammer Garrison

Edler Juice

Ballard Tanev

Corrado Barker

Alberts

he has done nothing this year that tells me we need him in the line up. he looked terrible our cup run. keep him in the building but off the ice

As long as Alberts come playoff time, is our last option. Our Def depth is excellent.

Hammer Garrison

Edler Juice

Ballard Tanev

Corrado Barker

Alberts

he has done nothing this year that tells me we need him in the line up. he looked terrible our cup run. keep him in the building but off the ice

This is what I can't stand about Canucks management---nobody really knows what Corrado can do in the NHL because we haven't really tried him. If they had designs on using this kid for the playoffs, why would they not give him a semi-decent stretch of games during the regular season to really see if he is NHL-ready? Now we're going to throw him in with practically no NHL experience and just see what happens? He might be good, he might cost us the game...thanks to AV, Gillis and co. we won't know until they hit the ice on Wednesday.

Hammer Garrison

Edler Juice

Ballard Tanev

Corrado Barker

Alberts

This is what I can't stand about Canucks management---nobody really knows what Corrado can do in the NHL because we haven't really tried him. If they had designs on using this kid for the playoffs, why would they not give him a semi-decent stretch of games during the regular season to really see if he is NHL-ready? Now we're going to throw him in with practically no NHL experience and just see what happens? He might be good, he might cost us the game...thanks to AV, Gillis and co. we won't know until they hit the ice on Wednesday.

Easy solution. Play 7 D so Ballard and Corrado can play and then sit a 4th liner like Ebbett.

The two things canucks coaching has brainwashed the fans on are the importance of right handed players, centers taking faceoffs and the 4th line.

This is easy. We have four centers: Henrik, kesler, Roy and Lappy. The 4th line barely plays in the playoffs anyway which means these guys play those centre line minutes anyway. They can all take turns double shifting with the 4th line wingers when necessary.

If Corrado isn't ready have Ballard be the safety net. For that matter, if anybody on D is struggling have Ballard take their place. Play the best 6 out of the 7 the heaviest minutes. More value in that than keeping a 4th liner to play limited minutes.

I'd lean towards Ballard, due to his experience, physicality and skating ability.

Corrado looked good against the Hawks, but not so great against the Oil (of course, there was a lot of that going around) That being said, I think the only thing he has over Ballard is being a right-handed shot. Neither is particularly big, but KB4 is the more physical player, IMO.

That being said, I don't see it as a huge upgrade or downgrade with either starting. I believe that whomever it is will be (and should be) on a short leash. I think they're probably just keeping Tanev's seat warm anyway.

Archived