The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don Cherry ‘I don’t believe women should be in the male dressing room’ - Keith Incident

The Magician

Don Cherry is right. He brought up a good argument. Men don't go into women's dressing room's. So why should women be allowed to go into mens? There is a certain boundary that both genders need to follow. It isn't exactly fair/equal if one gender can do it, and the other gender cannot.

Not the issue. Not even close.

Don's loose paraphrase of the context didn't really represent, but the entire segment is pretty much a sidetrack.

The question whether women should be in the dressing room may be one worth debating, but that has absolutely nothing to do with Keiths's comments. Whether they were made in the dressing room, the hallway, or at a press conference, the comments remain the same.

It was funny because as I'm watching Coaches Corner on Saturday I'm thinking to myself "Here's another one of those rants that's going to get him in trouble, and he knows it, but he does it anyways."

I agree with part of what he said. I don't think I'd mind if there were women in the dressing room because it's their job, however I don't think it's unfair to say that if a male reporter was in the dressing room of a women's team that it would raise a big stink and a stop would be put to it right away. There are of course so many examples of this it's not even funny. Could you imagine the uproar of a male-only gym was opened? If equality is what people want then it has to be able to work both ways.

I found it interesting how they said that a lot of the guys "take advantage" of the women being in the dressing room. I'm not exactly sure what that means or how bad it is.

Come on you guys, he is like your gramps or a old uncle,

He was raised in a different time

Totally harmless jabber

Instead of clenching your bum cheeks together have a laugh and enjoy the ole boy while he is still alive.

Archived