The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

21 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

Worked out 4x a week for 2 months and only took last week off for our groups annual week long golf trip.

Definitely did not stress about what I ate and really enjoyed myself. Came back home, back on track this week and didn't even really stall any progress...love that!

I'm down over 10LBs over these last couple of months and rather like not having a specific deadline for when I need to be in tip top shape. I start my firefighting training in September and it takes 14 months to become fully certified. So, that will give me ample time to get my weight down closer to 200 and my cardio up. 

Another 10 or 15LBs down and I am going to incorporate some swimming in to my weekly routine, just some kick board stuff because I suck at actually trying to swim.

That rest for your central nervous system = more gains than if you had worked out that 9th week in a row. 

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

That rest for your central nervous system = more gains than if you had worked out that 9th week in a row. 

I'm feeling it for sure.

The strength I had on my first 2 lifts back this week felt great!

Love feeling strong on a cut...until everything is depleted again haha.

So I had a couple weeks off from running as a result of a hamstring pull.  I couldn’t handle it so I got my bike tuned up and started riding.  The idea was that with biking there would be less impact and require less explosiveness to run irregular and varying trails.

it worked.  I was able to ride relatively pain free at a good pace meanwhile hitting some muscle groups that running doesn’t hit.

on Monday I went a bit crazy.  The bike loop I have been doing is an 8km ride to the lake and 8km back.  I normally run two loops of the lake for a total of 7.4kms.  I couldn’t resist this time when I got off my bike.  I hit the trail and ran one loop.  

Worse run run of my life.  Hurt. Bad.  I was dragging myself.  100m in I knew it was going to be all in my head to get through. And I did!

very stoked.

i rode home after and surprisingly the ride wasn’t too bad.  My next goal is ride, run a loop, and one paddle loop around the lake island then ride home.

Edited by riffraff
  • Upvote 1

On 2018-06-26 at 11:53 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

Platinum. About 10-15 minutes south on King George from Club 16 Central City. It's on 72 and King George.

Went in to check it out today, I almost wept. 

Will gladly pay 3 times the price for 10 times the gym.

11 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

Went in to check it out today, I almost wept. 

Will gladly pay 3 times the price for 10 times the gym.

If you go at the right times, you can avoid the gorillas. 

The turf field upstairs is great for plyo and sled stuff and box jumps. 

You also have access to the heavy bags in the boxing room if you're into that.

12 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

If you go at the right times, you can avoid the gorillas. 

The turf field upstairs is great for plyo and sled stuff and box jumps. 

You also have access to the heavy bags in the boxing room if you're into that.

Theres so much equipment there I have no clue how to use haha, the idea of mixing in some new workouts is exciting.

3 hours ago, J-23 said:

Anyone know any good recipes for good smoothies/calorie shakes/ whatever you call them?

I make one at home with ground up oats, flax seed, cocoa powder, a bit of honey, milk, ice,  couple tablespoons of peanut butter, and protein powder. I’ll throw in some olive oil if I’m looking for more calories. With the mocha flavoured protein I have right now it tastes delicious. 

Edited by Sean Monahan
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Anyone know any good recipes for good smoothies/calorie shakes/ whatever you call them?

Chocolate protein powder, 1 banana, peanut butter (1 tablespoon), milk (coconut or skim) and ice cubes. You’re welcome. 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, J-23 said:

I use the Vega vegan protein powder vanilla flavour.  It contains all the good stuff you’re supposed to eat daily so all I add is pineapple juice, a banana and mixed frozen berries.  No dairy.

if I’m using a generic protein powder I stick with vanilla and add raw veg like carrots,  kale or spinach, banana, frozen berries and pineapple juice.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

Today was spinach, avocado, blueberries, protein powder, creatine and water

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

I use the Vega vegan protein powder vanilla flavour.  It contains all the good stuff you’re supposed to eat daily so all I add is pineapple juice, a banana and mixed frozen berries.  No dairy.

if I’m using a generic protein powder I stick with vanilla and add raw veg like carrots,  kale or spinach, banana, frozen berries and pineapple juice.

I think he was looking for a more meathead-oriented weight gainer type of shake. You two are far too healthy. 

32 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I think he was looking for a more meathead-oriented weight gainer type of shake. You two are far too healthy. 

Lol

my employee lives on mutant mass and monster drinks.

maybe that’s the smoothie!

On 2018-07-06 at 1:28 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

People, please don't hog barbells unless you are doing 45 minimum per side. Super &^@#ing annoying I can't use the rack because string bean is squatting 25. 

String bean gotta start somewhere. 

20 hours ago, J-23 said:

Kryten recipe is good if you like Reese cups. Banana you can add or subtract if you want more carbs and to change the flavour and using whole milk if you need more cals. 

If you’re just trying to get more calories start using more olive oil with salads and start snackin on some nuts.

• Upvote 3

On 7/6/2018 at 12:28 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

People, please don't hog barbells unless you are doing 45 minimum per side. Super &^@#ing annoying I can't use the rack because string bean is squatting 25. 

21 minutes ago, HI5 said:

String bean gotta start somewhere. 

Nailed it HI5. Just because you are stronger than stringbean doesn't make you more entitled to equipment.