The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

On March 31, 2016 at 7:11 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

Just a pizza and wings?  Amateur. 

My last Saturday night was 3 rolls of sushi, medium chocolate extreme blizzard from DQ, a lamb donair and like 10 chicken strips smothered in plum sauce. ;)

What did you have for the second course?  :lol:

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

What did you have for the second course?  :lol:

Oh man, last night was insane for cheat dinner.

Large bag of mini eggs (Not the massive family size, but the one that's like $4 at Walmart), over loaded with toppings frozen yogurt from Menchies and a large order of yam fries from Red Robin, and since my friend cooks there he put like 3 orders worth in the box. :lol:

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Large bag of mini eggs (Not the massive family size, but the one that's like $4 at Walmart), over loaded with toppings frozen yogurt from Menchies and a large order of yam fries from Red Robin, and since my friend cooks there he put like 3 orders worth in the box. :lol:

Two excellent choices. I think we could be friends.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I love you man.  Thank you for sharing.  That's beautiful.  ALF LOVES FOOD!  

Have we done something to the "Workout" thread, that (actually) makes it worth reading?  :lol:

Alf has a motto: "workout like a dog, so you can eat LIKE A PIG!"  Ya baby!  

19 hours ago, Alflives said:

I love you man.  Thank you for sharing.  That's beautiful.  ALF LOVES FOOD!  

Have we done something to the "Workout" thread, that (actually) makes it worth reading?  :lol:

Alf has a motto: "workout like a dog, so you can eat LIKE A PIG!"  Ya baby!  

Haha food is life!

It's so funny when people (Friends, family, etc.) say stuff like, "Don't you ever miss food?" as if I don't indulge. I just reply with something along the lines of I enjoy junk food more than you because you rely on it as a part of your regular diet, whereas I treat it as a pleasure.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Haha food is life!

It's so funny when people (Friends, family, etc.) say stuff like, "Don't you ever miss food?" as if I don't indulge. I just reply with something along the lines of I enjoy junk food more than you because you rely on it as a part of your regular diet, whereas I treat it as a pleasure.

Junk food is an oxymoron.  :lol:

Does anyone here have a bodyweight core workout(s) they follow?

Right now, I have a broken left wrist and two mangled knees (think my left LCL & right meniscus, waiting on a doctor's appointment) so I am extremely limited in what I can do but need to do something!

Anyone have a bodyweight core program they've done before? I'm limited right now and want more variety than the usual plank, side plank, sit-up/crunch, etc...

23 hours ago, JimLahey said:

Right now, I have a broken left wrist and two mangled knees (think my left LCL & right meniscus, waiting on a doctor's appointment) so I am extremely limited in what I can do but need to do something!

Anyone have a bodyweight core program they've done before? I'm limited right now and want more variety than the usual plank, side plank, sit-up/crunch, etc...

Deadbugs

Glute bridge holds

Anti-rotation static holds with tubing (resistance bands) [hold the bands with the non broken hand]

Reverse crunches (also called leg raises)

Eccentric double leg lowering (ensure spine remains neutral and do a slow 3-5 second count down)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still leaning out, down about 2% BF and hit new deadlift and back squat 5 rep and 1 rep max.  

Just crushed a bag of mini eggs, medium chocolate xtreme blizzard and a loaded barbacoa burrito from Chipotle. Heading out to crush some beers now. 

B)

Edited by NucksPatsFan

2 hours ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

I've been stuck at 213-214lbs for like 7 weeks. Still doing 18 hours+ of interminent fasting and eating about 1500-1800 calories a day.  

Would the best option to change it up be HIIT?

Btw, I'm 6'5. 

At your height, I wouldn't expect to get much lighter than that if you have any muscle mass on you. What is your goal? Shredded? Just lean? 

I'm 6'2 and finished my bulk at 215. I am doing intermittent fasting as well and is working great, down to 198 right now. Will probably get down to 190 to be completely shredded. 

I've gone from 145 pounds to 152 in the last couple of months. I'm noticing a slight improvement in muscle size, but I'm also noticing a bit of a gut appearing on me for the first time in my life.

I don't want to overdo it with the cardio as I'm trying to bulk up a bit, but at the same time I'm really not keen on carrying a belly around with me. Advice?

5 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I've gone from 145 pounds to 152 in the last couple of months. I'm noticing a slight improvement in muscle size, but I'm also noticing a bit of a gut appearing on me for the first time in my life.

I don't want to overdo it with the cardio as I'm trying to bulk up a bit, but at the same time I'm really not keen on carrying a belly around with me. Advice?

How much are you eating? You could be getting more calories than necessary. And if you're dirty bulking you should clean that up a bit if you're seeing too much fat.

On April 5, 2016 at 11:40 AM, JimLahey said:

Are you able to do leg raises & windshield wipers? Not on the machine, but laying down? There's lots of variations you can do that'll hit lots of different areas and should provide some boredom relief from the typical core workouts you mentioned.

5 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

You can't bulk up & lean out at the same time. If you want to lose a bit of belly, you're probably going to lose size & strength. I'd do cardio over calorie restriction, at least you're using your muscles!