The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Do We Need To Do to turn our team into the 2011 team

What is this? fantasy land?

That team failed miserably in the final too.

And this team is worse thanks to Gillis....a new GM may or may not right the ship as we are anchored with over payed NTCs but Gillis certainly does not deserve employment in Vancouver anymore.

I hate to say it as a long time fan and I've been holding comment back thru the end of the regular season, as I wanted the team to have a chance to show their stripes. But, outside of Kesler in game three, this team has played with zero heart.

When the team plays with no heart the talent isn't enough in the playoffs.

What is this? fantasy land?

That team failed miserably in the final too.

And this team is worse thanks to Gillis....a new GM may or may not right the ship as we are anchored with over payed NTCs but Gillis certainly does not deserve employment in Vancouver anymore.

I hate to say it as a long time fan and I've been holding comment back thru the end of the regular season, as I wanted the team to have a chance to show their stripes. But, outside of Kesler in game three, this tea has played with zero heart.

When the team plays with no heart the talent isn't enough in the playoffs.

It helps the most when Daniel and Henrik are 100+ point players. Something they aren't even close to. That's the biggest difference in our offensive production. If you look back at the Cup run, Higgins wasn't a top six winger, nor Raymond, nor Hansen, nor Torres. Even Samuelsson didn't crack 20 goals. Burrows only produces like a top six winger when the Sedins are on their game.

This team goes when they go. And if they aren't going, then everyone else blows chunks. I'd imagine that when they don't register a point, this team's record is well below .500.

Playing with no heart is from bad coaching and the no talent is a result of a bad GM. I watched part of the game on NBC and they showed the sharks bench, they have one coach that is watching the Canucks bench yelling out the lines that they think are next out so they can get the match they want. You look at the Canucks bench and they are chewing gum uninterested in game coaching.

There's two pretty simple moves to make this team go back to what it was in 2011:

1: Manny Malhotra style 3C. Coincidence that the team was incredibly dominant when the 3C could win 60% of faceoffs, chip in 30-40 points, and be dominant in D-zone faceoffs? I think not. The team hasn't been the same since his injury because the defensive load has been distributed to players who aren't necessarily fit for that game.

2: Puck moving offensive defensemen to get some transition game back. The Sedins were at their best when they could make the quick switch from offense to defense and make plays off the rush. The team has ZERO transition game which leads to a lot of puck chasing and half hearted dump and chase style play because the team playing defense can get players back to clog up the ice and limit plays off the rush.

Archived