The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

I will be real mad if we let Torts go. He is the best, most accomplished coach out there plain and simple. I think MG should be fired if there isn't a hiring by tomorrow. Dallas could still swoop him up.

Big friggin deal let him go to Dallas, don't want him anywhere near the Nucks. Guys like you will be crying and moaning to fire Torts and Gillis 4 months into next season when the Nucks are near the bottom of the Pacific division with half the roster on ir from blocking shots.

Sometimes I think our team could really use this instead of letting them sit in the room alone to figue it out themselves. Especially the Sedins. but honeslty I could see the Sedins crying or something if someone were to yell at them like this LOL.

I don't think you know much about the Sedins, other than buying into the crap from other teams fan bases and media. They are men not children and to suggest they would cry shows you know nothing.

It starting to look like they're waiting for Dave Tippett to me, with Tortorella as plan B.

Either guy is fine with me.

At first blush I'm thinking it would be foolish for MG to wait on Tippett given the risk of losing coaching candidates they want to other teams. But maybe it's not such a crazy thought after all.

Laurence Gilman has a long history with the Coyotes organization having been employed there for 13 or so years. You have to wonder if there are feelers going back and forth with contacts at certain levels of that organization either to let them know that the Canucks would want him or that Tippett would be interested in coming. Otherwise I can't see Gillis risking losing his plan B only be left at the alter when Tippett re-signed with the Yotes.

<p><br />

<br />

</p>

The MEDIA most definitely does NOT want Torts here, they will be in a world of hurt if he comes.

Tortorella IS THE guy for this team, he has to be

imagine a guy this fired up, and passionate game 7 of the finals against boston.

he cares, he is the spark this team needs, he doesnt bash his guys, his team is his FAMILY and will kill whoever messes with them

He still would have been coaching a team riddled with injuries.

This isn't Hollywood. The idea that all a coach needs to do is deliver some impassioned "Friday Night Lights" speech and the team is magically transformed into some kind of unstoppable force is pure fantasy.

hoping for Guy Boucher for head coach, Larry Robinson somehow for assistant coach. i also think a lot of people are overlooking Marc Crawford. i think he could be a great coach for the Canucks again.

Yes, and so is every GM in the NHL. For good reason.

Doesn't matter what he did as GM, what he says about the game today is true. Which is why Tortorella has had limitted success since 2004.

Doesn't matter what he did as GM, what he says about the game today is true. Which is why Tortorella has had limitted success since 2004.

True, but how much success has any of our coaches had since 70 if we are gonna be "win the cup or bust" I think Torts is our only option to go all in for a year or two. Otherwise lets go for a more stable long-term guy and start the rebuild this summer.

Tortorella is the perfect stop-gap. Hire him to try to win now. Start collecting prospects, and when he hits his shelf-life in 3 years get someone else and start a mini rebuild.

There's been a few comments saying the Sedins would respond better to a guy like Stevens, and I don't buy it. The Sedins are about as professional as it gets. They will respond to whoever the coach is.

Tortorella is the perfect stop-gap. Hire him to try to win now. Start collecting prospects, and when he hits his shelf-life in 3 years get someone else and start a mini rebuild.

There's been a few comments saying the Sedins would respond better to a guy like Stevens, and I don't buy it. The Sedins are about as professional as it gets. They will respond to whoever the coach is.

Yeah, I agree. I also don't think that Tortz will have a problem with the Sedins. Those guys always work hard.

I hope Tortz snaps some sense into bieksa and edler. Especially Bieksa after his accountability comments to end the season. Have fun, Juice! :lol:

Anyone think torts may be hired for the comets not the Canucks? Arniel promoted to assistant coach ?

I'd prefer that to the alternative of having him here....

I still say Boucher would be the best guy for the job (with good some good, experienced assistants) but I'll take Stevens over Torts any day.

Sometimes I think our team could really use this instead of letting them sit in the room alone to figue it out themselves. Especially the Sedins. but honeslty I could see the Sedins crying or something if someone were to yell at them like this LOL.

Now THAAAAAATSSSS a coach.

Let there be no mistake, being the last team to get a coach doesn't look good and that's how the media's gonna play it up.

While i like Torts' ability to shove things in their faces, if more losing continues for the Canucks, then whatever he has to say will just be thrown back at him.

I said from the start that if Torts is hired that will indicate the decline here is going to last awhile. Here's hoping he proves me wrong, if he's the guy.

So as of this morning, Ruff is off the market having gone to Dallas. Incidentally, NY picked up AV. I'm hoping this whole "wait and see" attitude was planned and management has something in the hopper, or I think people will start calling for Gillis' head for waiting to long to hire a new Head Coach. It's not favorable to be the last one picked in gym class, not do the Canucks need to get into what could very well be a desperate situation where we get "stuck" with a coach as opposed to choosing a new coach. Will be interesting if 'Nucks take Tort... I can't wait for the media circus!

So as of this morning, Ruff is off the market having gone to Dallas. Incidentally, NY picked up AV. I'm hoping this whole "wait and see" attitude was planned and management has something in the hopper, or I think people will start calling for Gillis' head for waiting to long to hire a new Head Coach. It's not favorable to be the last one picked in gym class, not do the Canucks need to get into what could very well be a desperate situation where we get "stuck" with a coach as opposed to choosing a new coach. Will be interesting if 'Nucks take Tort... I can't wait for the media circus!

Because we "missed out" on....who exactly?

Archived