The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Briere to be bought out by Flyers

It's TFP, so likely not gonna happen.

Flyers insiders don't believe that Briere or Bryz will be bought out. Too much cash up front and then you have to replace them. Both have NMC's as well, so they will remain Flyers indefitely unless they waive. Bryz would, but Briere would like to play out his contract in Philly.

I picture the Flyers doing what they do best when it comes to becoming cap-compliant: Circumvention.

Even if Briere is bought out, i don't see him signing here. Why would he?

Those that want to see Briere here, you can forget it.

The reason he wont waive his NTC in the first place is because he has split custody of his kids and cant/wont be moving them across the continent away from their Mother. I can see him retiring from the game and picking up an anylist job.

Those that want to see Briere here, you can forget it.

The reason he wont waive his NTC in the first place is because he has split custody of his kids and cant/wont be moving them across the continent away from their Mother. I can see him retiring from the game and picking up an anylist job.

our big problem wont be gillis , or the coach [ whoever that will be } our problem will stem from the fact that Francesco has to ask daddy to open the purse strings , and daddy is not a big fan of owning the canucks .. daddy just wants to make more money .. staying competitive while spending as little as possible is the aquillinis m.o ... and buy outs will not happen for the good of the team ..

Archived