The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jason Botchford quits TEAM 1040

The hate for Botch is puzzling to me. It wasn't long ago that he was earning regular praise for his articles on the Canucks...I guess maybe because the team was dominant then and there wasn't really much to critisize?? I remember everyone loving one of his articles after the cup finals where he absolutely lambasted the Bruins and specifically Recchi...can't seem to find it now though.

I guess I am in the small minority that is sad to hear Botch is leaving the morning show. While I don't always agree with him, I love the fire and passion he brings...even if it's partially tongue-in-cheek. He is also one of the few media personalities who is engaging and defends his viewpoints with me on twitter. I got nothing but respect for him and I hope he does well in any future endeavors.

He's still going to write articles, i presume. And i suppose he'll still be 'engaging' on twitter, if you're 'lucky' enough to not be blocked. But this sounds like it'll be his last week on radio.

You'd think ratings are involved.

Pratt & Taylor was very highly rated, but that inflated Pratt's ego quite a bit, so he was kicked out over money and B-Mac slotted in. The afternoon show took a minor hit in the ratings, but i find B-Mac and Taylor to be quite lame. Just a couple ol chums clowning around for the most part. And when they bring in Terry David Mulligan to talk about ancient Vancouver history and wine? zZzZzZzzzzz...

Meanwhile, after B-Mac and before Botch, Ray Ferraro was on the morning show all the time via phone. Even though it was a temporary patch, i enjoyed it far more than i do this morning show with Botch, and i'm sure many other people around here did too.

Now that Botch has departed, it should be interesting to see what the new plan is.

When you think about it, 'the problem' all comes down to TO-based TSN (Bell Media) owning the Canucks broadcaster. I have a feeling that they're just going let Team 1040 twist in the wind and grow mold while they prop up TSN Radio 1050 and the Fan 590 to no limits.

Like the Canucks, has their radio coverage also peaked?

Archived