The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Not one single vote for Schneids in Vezina voting.

TOMapleLaughs

Players that are/will be on the trade block are often played in situations which allow them to excel. This is to protect and inflate their stats to make them look attractive to prospective teams. Same principles go for goalies. Some people were complaining about how Luongo wasn't pulled after he had completely collapsed in the 8-3 loss against Detroit, why? Because it dragged GAA and S% down. It probably would have been a better choice for Luongo to be pulled after a few bad goals so his stats looked more attractive.

Players that are/will be on the trade block are often played in situations which allow them to excel. This is to protect and inflate their stats to make them look attractive to prospective teams. Same principles go for goalies. Some people were complaining about how Luongo wasn't pulled after he had completely collapsed in the 8-3 loss against Detroit, why? Because it dragged GAA and S% down. It probably would have been a better choice for Luongo to be pulled after a few bad goals so his stats looked more attractive.

# Player Team Pts 1st 2nd 3rd

1 Bobrovsky Sergei CLB 110 17 8 1

2 Lundqvist Henrik NYR 55 3 12 4

3 Niemi Antti SJ 46 6 4 4

4 Anderson Craig OTT 22 3 1 4

5 Rask Tuukka BOS 12 0 3 3

6 Howard Jimmy DET 9 0 0 9

7 Emery Ray CHI 6 1 0 1

8 Crawford Corey CHI 5 0 1 2

9 Hiller Jonas ANA 3 0 1 0

10 Backstrom Niklas MIN 1 0 0 1

Price Carey MTL 1 0 0

Wasn't he our mvp this season? Just how pathetic were we then?

Meanwhile, couldn't we get at least one homer media vote? For third place even? Forchristsakes, somebody in Chicago voted Ray Emery in first place.

This season was sad, but imho Schneider deserved more than nothing for consideration.

I think the big difference here is that the goalie is Luongo, and one or two games is not going to hurt his trade value. Teams know exactly what they are acquiring when the get him. It's not a cody hodgson type situation where he's a young player where teams may not what kind of player they are getting. (As gillis says) the coaches tried to inflate his stats and increase his potential. Luongos already hit his top game and reached his potential.

Also not to be nit picking but in the detriot game, It was only 5-3 going into the third and the game was not out of reach, up until the 6th detriot goal luongo was playing ok, not great but not terrible. I don't have stats in front of me but how often do goalies get pulled after already playing 50 min? To put a cold goalie in the net for the last 10 minutes isn't an ideal situation, it likely wont produce different results as the players will have checked out of the game. So basically you may help some what protect a vet goalies confidence but you'd also be throwing your other goalie to the wolves.

Same could be said with the last game in EDM as well.

lol wow! Ok i was only pointing out your reference to stats and pulling goalies please don't lump stats and confidence or embarrassment in the same sentence because pulling a goalie for stats is a lot different than the other two.

# Player Team Pts 1st 2nd 3rd

1 Bobrovsky Sergei CLB 110 17 8 1

2 Lundqvist Henrik NYR 55 3 12 4

3 Niemi Antti SJ 46 6 4 4

4 Anderson Craig OTT 22 3 1 4

5 Rask Tuukka BOS 12 0 3 3

6 Howard Jimmy DET 9 0 0 9

7 Emery Ray CHI 6 1 0 1

8 Crawford Corey CHI 5 0 1 2

9 Hiller Jonas ANA 3 0 1 0

10 Backstrom Niklas MIN 1 0 0 1

Price Carey MTL 1 0 0

Wasn't he our mvp this season? Just how pathetic were we then?

Meanwhile, couldn't we get at least one homer media vote? For third place even? Forchristsakes, somebody in Chicago voted Ray Emery in first place.

This season was sad, but imho Schneider deserved more than nothing for consideration.

Have you felt the same about Luongo every season? Because Schneider's "average at best" stats in terms of GAA and Sv% were far superior to all but 1 of Luongo's seasons in Vancouver.

The Canucks probably dont win the division or even make the playoffs without Schneider this year. He deserved some votes for the Vezina especially when compared to some of the other candidates. He was snubbed, plain and simple. BS.

Have you felt the same about Luongo every season? Because Schneider's "average at best" stats in terms of GAA and Sv% were far superior to all but 1 of Luongo's seasons in Vancouver.

The Canucks probably dont win the division or even make the playoffs without Schneider this year. He deserved some votes for the Vezina especially when compared to some of the other candidates. He was snubbed, plain and simple. BS.

No, winning the division wasn't a great accomplishment but without it we might have missed the playoffs.

Schneider lost 2 of the games, Luongo lost the first 2. Even that being the case, the playoffs have no influence whatsoever on regular season awards.

Better than average team? Maybe on paper, but I guess you didn't notice that the "better than average team" you speak of only really showed up to play for a handful of the 48 games. Most of the teams wins were because of spectacular goaltending, many of those wins belonging to Schneider.

I'm getting 0.883 for Lou's two playoff games last year, sparkling!!! Oh and he wasn't coming in cold off an injury. Right Lou's our man and Cory sucks, get a grip. How did Lou do in his two games this year, oh two losses. Last year, the last two games the year before? All losses, right?

The problem is our team has some big holes kind of like the holes in the heads of the fools bashing Cory and saying Lou is a god when clearly they about = now.

Lou wants to move on get a grip and move on.

Disclaimer: calculated save % buy / save % of his two games by 2, correct me of I'm wrong.

No, winning the division wasn't a great accomplishment but without it we might have missed the playoffs.

Schneider lost 2 of the games, Luongo lost the first 2. Even that being the case, the playoffs have no influence whatsoever on regular season awards.

Better than average team? Maybe on paper, but I guess you didn't notice that the "better than average team" you speak of only really showed up to play for a handful of the 48 games. Most of the teams wins were because of spectacular goaltending, many of those wins belonging to Schneider.

Oh cdc you will find anything to argue about, you do realize the media itself was calling the voting a joke and honestly I would not worry about it.

Does this look like a voting group who knows what they are talking about regarding any award.

From james mirtle

Players receiving Selke votes: Kadri, Bozak, Patrick Kane, Tlusty, Seguin, Duchene, Johansen, FehrRe

Regardless gm's vote on the vezina anyway so get mad at the gm's and dont put much stock in these awards

Didn't Ray Emery receive more votes than Corey Crawford? Actually, that kind of makes sense, Emery was sensational against Calgary early in the season when Chicago had a horrible game.

I wouldn't take these awards too seriously.

Case in point: They gave PK Subban the Norris Trophy, I can think of at least 6 defensemen that are better than he is.

Archived