The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teams want Lu

cmpunk

From beginning to end, the whole goalie scenario has made the Canucks look bush league. Dragging Lu around for a year as trade fodder, making him a #2, signing Cory and telling him he's #1, the balls up with Toronto, etc. And now, to cap it all, we have the owner and GM rushing to Florida to kiss Lu's butt. What a sad state of affairs.

Laughable, really.

The longest soap opera in the modern era of hockey in Vancouver is far from over.

I hope Luo can take his lassez -faire attitude back into the crease , doing the deed for the $$ and laughs.

Then again,if Luo is anything like Lundqvist,Luo could be back in the Florida sun making pizzas by Christmas.

That must make Lou feel warm and fuzzy. Well they tried to trade me but no team in the league would take me for free, they wanted me out so bad that they were willing to let me go for nothing but the owners were too cheep to buy me out... I told you they wanted me. ;)

It's like a love story it's so hart warming.

Exactly. Lu haters are choked that Schneider got traded for 'only' one #1 round pick. That IMO is fair compensation... a POTENTIAL impact player for another. Schneider is still unproven over a full season. He mysteriously disappears in the playoffs. He already has injury issues that raises alarm bells with me. If he was the franchise goalie that some people make him out to be, he would not have been traded. Management would've found ANY WAY POSSIBLE to keep him. They would've bought out Lu if they thought Schneider was a surefire franchise goalie.

That must make Lou feel warm and fuzzy. Well they tried to trade me but no team in the league would take me for free, they wanted me out so bad that they were willing to let me go for nothing but the owners were too cheep to buy me out... I told you they wanted me. ;)

It's like a love story it's so hart warming.

We'll be back at this same time next year, when the question will be whether he gets bought out then, or moved in a slightly less unfavourable market. I like Lu for the player he is and for the class and sense of humour he's shown, and as a Canucks fan, hope he lights it up for us next year. But this is not the end of the saga, I'm afraid.

"For free" would have been putting Luo on waivers and watching another team take pick him up for nothing in return. They didn't do that, so obviously they wanted something in return. Other GMs thought Gillis had no choice but to move Luo and that they could just wait him out to get the best deal for their teams. Gillis moved Cory instead to ensure a return for the team. It was a game of chess, not an indication that no one wanted Luo "for free."

So, either offer a shred of proof the Canucks ever offered Luo for free or stop with the lies!

Seriously, is there no end to your Luo hatred?

Take your own advice when you thought Cory was going to be our starter and get behind the team members we actually have, not just the ones you wanted us to have.

Archived