The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Teams trying to trade for Edler

Trading Edler makes nothing but sense. Other than Schneider, he has the most trade value on our team. He would bring back something like the Carter and Richards trades - a young roster player with upside, and either a top 10 pick or a high level prospect.

I don't hate Edler, but we can manage without him on defense.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev

_______ - Corrado

Trading Edler is definitely the best course of action.

I think that's his way of saying he wants out of Pittsburgh.

Nobody in their right mind would give him Crosby type money. That would make him the highest paid D-man in the league...

Is he really worth more money than guys like Chara, Keith, and Doughty?

Edler for Ryan, Ducks need to add something to that i don't know what.. but something .. edler is signed at a reasonable cap for 6 years.. ryan i think only has 2 left and will want a raise and he already makes more than edler..

Two guys that shouldn't be traded in normal circumstances, Schneids and Edler, but what we need is just what we could get for those two.

And as weird as it seems, we actually can afford to give them up. We have guys that can step up and fill those positions and when we offload Ballard (and sadly Booth later), we even have the $$$ to make a pitch for a top-4 UFA defenseman. Luongo is still the man who can get it done. Even if 85% of CDC has given up on him ages ago...

Archived