The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

Maybe Shinkaruk comes across as overconfident or arrogant, somewhat like P. Kane. I don't see that as a character flaw for an athelete. He has extremely high expectations on himself and will work his ass of to achieve them. He is a feisty player with tremendous skills. He will have Nuck fans standing on their feet when he gets the puck.

Maybe Shinkaruk comes across as overconfident or arrogant, somewhat like P. Kane.  I don't see that as a character flaw for an athelete.  He has extremely high expectations on himself and will work his ass of to achieve them.  He is a feisty player with tremendous skills.  He will have Nuck fans standing on their feet when he gets the puck.

i think this is it. and i agree, not a character flaw at all for a professional athlete. now if shinkaruk starts punching out cabbies over 25 cents.. i might just see that as a character flaw.

i think this is it. and i agree, not a character flaw at all for a professional athlete. now if shinkaruk starts punching out cabbies over 25 cents.. i might just see that as a character flaw.

Exactly, his character is fine. I think it might be more about his sometimes over the top goal celebrations, a La; Yakupov (Edmonton)

Exactly, his character is fine.  I think it might be more about his sometimes over the top goal celebrations, a La; Yakupov (Edmonton)

The whole thing seems like a fabrication from lames fans.

Im sure there are people that aren't into the way he celebrates, his goal celebration are pretty over the top at times. The difference i see with him and yakupov is that Hunter celebrates with his teammates; yakupov will go solo and looks like a d-bag to me.

I really like the Bigger/Faster Tyler Ennis comparison that TSN made.

From the same Junior team, both were eligible for the AHL after one more junior season.

Pretty much identical stats, although Shinkaruk had 2 big seasons prior to his draft and Ennis broke out in his draft year.

They both have similar celly's too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvlQ7em1r00

Just to start the season - for the 9 games before sending him back to Junior - I would like to see a line of Burrows - Kesler - Shinkaruk.

Kes and Burr a both good enough defensively that they should be able to cover for Shinkaruk, and they both have the skill to be an effective offensive line. It would be pretty quick too.

Shroeder and Jensen will be the two prospects to make the team. Gaunce Horvat and Shinny will all take another year to develope as well as create chemistry playing on te Canada together

Brent Sutter said Horvat is making the NHL this year.

Brent Sutter interview on Team 1040 said he really likes Bo Horvat, describes his play as a power forward type player and really good skater.

Calls him a complete player and had a really good camp.

Schroeder is nothing.

maybe it a stretch but he could potentially be a franchise player if he come in the league and do well........hoping he be a Giroux/Kessel/Kane like

He's definitely intriguing in that regard.. He's got the skill to be a Claud giroux type steal.

Not comparing but nobody knew giroux would be this good. A shot in the dark is still a shot. Hunter's got one.

Just noticed that Hunter has a late birthday (October 13th, 1994). I can't believe I missed that! :sadno:

That means he qualifies for the 2014-15 AHL season (he will turn 20 in 2014). He's a maximum one year away from pro hockey (assuming he doesn't make the NHL this season).

Same eligibility track as Brendan Gaunce (both are 1994 born).

So even if his development takes some time, we could at least start seeing him get call-ups pretty soon.

All this time I've been thinking of him as a regular 18-year-old (1995 born) from the 2013 Draft class. Didn't realize he'd already played 3 seasons with the Hat and was turning 19 this year.

Obviously, this is only news to me but as such, it makes me happy. :P

Archived