The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

It does look like he picked up a bit of meat on his shoulders, the arms don't look much different from July though.

Yeah he looks like he's gained some upper body strength at least. Hope he continues to work hard, he's got a lot of work left to be done .

Yeah he looks like he's gained some upper body strength at least. Hope he continues to work hard, he's got a lot of work left to be done .

seems to be a highly motivated kid. i'm willing to bet he is going to make the strongest case for himself as he possibly can in the next 2 seasons.

Character & skill in spades; intelligence, persistence, confidence, & diligence..love this kid's upside. Over on Dallas's message boards(draft day thread), they were licking their chops(& saying trade up from #29 to mid-teens), to draft Hunter Shinkaruk. They needed a centre, & supposedly as a little boy, Dall was his dream-team. Well Dallas, eat your heart out.

Sharks notes: Mueller hurt; Kennedy adjusting

September 13, 2013, 9:00 am

kurz.png

SAN JOSE – Brad Stuart isn’t the only notable absence from Sharks training camp.

First round pick Mirco Mueller, chosen with the 18th overall pick in the 2013 draft, was hurt during the Young Stars Tournament in Penticton, British Columbia last week, and it sounds like he won’t be on the ice for a little while with an undisclosed injury. According to the Everett (Washington) Herald, Mueller was hurt when he was cross-checked by the Canucks’ Hunter Shinkaruk.

“Mirco got hurt in Game 1 at the prospects tournament at Penticton and hasn't been able to be active since then,” Todd McLellan said on Thursday. “I guess you can call him injured, not hurt, and he's got to work his way through that."

Will he be on the ice in the next few weeks? McLellan was vague.

“Between the training staff and Mirco, he's got to figure out where he is as far as being bumped or bruised or being injured, and right now he's obviously injured. He can't be out there, but when he's ready to go, we'll be excited to watch him."

Mueller, a six-foot-three, 195-pound defenseman, was not expected to challenge for an NHL roster spot. The 18-year-old is a near certainty to return to Everett (WHL) at some point in September, which is coached by former Sharks head coach Kevin Constantine.

Shinkaruk on a line with Kesler and Burrows today, vs. team Sedins with Eriksson in net. Kesler/Burrows won 4-1. I don't know the official stat sheet but Burrows was productive with 2 G 1 A, which should indicate that Shinkaruk was also effective.

Zach Hall had the other 2 g, with Guimond setting one of them up beautifully. Santorelli was buzzing, while Gaunce was invisible.

Shinkaruk on a line with Kesler and Burrows today, vs. team Sedins with Eriksson in net. Kesler/Burrows won 4-1. I don't know the official stat sheet but Burrows was productive with 2 G 1 A, which should indicate that Shinkaruk was also effective.

Zach Hall had the other 2 g, with Guimond setting one of them up beautifully. Santorelli was buzzing, while Gaunce was invisible.

I thought it was Zach Hamill that scored the other 2 goals?

Archived