The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

I took a look at Shinkaruk and this kid has unusual skill. His passion is unbelievable. He has breakaway speed and soft hands.His shot is fantastic.

He reads and plays the game at a top speed few can. If we can curb his attitude and get him to buy into improving himself, he is the steal of this draft.

If we develop him properly and he goes along with it, he should have been drafted in Monahan's position.

I don't think he's that fast but his shot is pretty good.

Guest Dasein

I took a look at Shinkaruk and this kid has unusual skill. His passion is unbelievable. He has breakaway speed and soft hands.His shot is fantastic.

He reads and plays the game at a top speed few can. If we can curb his attitude and get him to buy into improving himself, he is the steal of this draft.

If we develop him properly and he goes along with it, he should have been drafted in Monahan's position.

I don't know about Monahan because he's a beast, but at least at Poirier's position...

:bigblush:

Seriously.. Hometown boy.. What was Feaster thinking?!

There contracts would not kick in until they make the team and stick beyond there 10 game rookie try out period.

So no cap worries.

not entirely true, they could cause cap issues if either of them make the team, Much easier to get them to agree to take less to fit under the cap if they have made your club. I doubt that is the case though.

I would assume they will be signed before training camp. But it really isnt a pressing issue to get them signed right away so it is easy to push to the backburner for a bit.

Shinkaruk needs to get on a hard core training program. He looks as soft as a marshmellow. Watch the draft on youtube and you can see how tiny and weak looking he is, compared to others in the first round. Size is most definitely why he dropped 10 spots in rankings. It might all be a blessing if he can grow an inch and add 20 pounds of muscle.His dad looks like a big dude maybe he will have another growth spurt. Great shiftiness and an NHL shot though, hope it translates.

Shinkaruk needs to get on a hard core training program. He looks as soft as a marshmellow. Watch the draft on youtube and you can see how tiny and weak looking he is, compared to others in the first round. Size is most definitely why he dropped 10 spots in rankings. It might all be a blessing if he can grow an inch and add 20 pounds of muscle.His dad looks like a big dude maybe he will have another growth spurt. Great shiftiness and an NHL shot though, hope it translates.

Appears to have NHL or near-NHL skills...now just needs NHL size.

Could be the steal of the draft then if he puts on size, could be a bust if he stays a puny wimp. Only time will tell

He may be a little undersized right now, but you have to respect the numbers he put up in the WHL last season. Considering how much more physical of a league it is than the Ontario hockey leagues most of the guys were drafted from.

If he was that soft, and put those numbers up in the OHL I may be a little more worried. But we all know the guys in the WHL play hard every night. I think we should draft more from here....

Archived