The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sabres struggling to re-sign Hodgson, fielding offers for him

Considering the fact that he out-scored the twins, he's going to be a top-10 center in the NHL if not one of the best next season. Hodgson deserves around 5-6 million no doubt about it considering the contracts going around.

We've got Henrik for 6M and Kesler for 5M. Hank was signed relatively cheaply, Kesler has a very fair cap-hit. Compared to these guys, Hodgson is producing more than them and has a brighter future so deserve around the same amount of money.

I still don't understand why people have to take sides on this issue. Hodgson, who is a good player was traded for a future asset in Kassian. It's that simple. He wasn't happy with the 3rd line ice time and was unwilling to wait. Gillis decided not to let it become an issue and moved him. I don't doubt Gillis on this because there would have been no other reason to move him. They knew he was a good player and had a bright future. Kassian does adequately meet a team need with his size and skill and I think it will pay dividends in the future.

I won't take part in assassinating Cody's character but if he indeed is potentially going to be moved because of unrealistic salary expectations it does seem like there might be some character issues. There is nothing wrong with having salary expectations but it seems he's in a hurry to get paid like a Superstar before putting enough of a resume together to deserve it.

I won't comment on Kassian's character either. Maybe just needs to do a little more maturing and have a veteran or two take him under his wing. I really look forward to him continuing to develop and getting a new start with a different coach.

Buffalo Sabres Waiting on Cody Hodgson

Is Cody Hodgson looking for a ticket out of Hockey Heaven? According to general manager Darcy Regier he has reached out to the agent of Cody Hodgson and is awaiting the agent’s response.

Given the season that Hodgson had last year – is he looking for a way to get out of the Buffalo Sabres organization? I haven’t been too high on the Buffalo team lately, given the fact that I don’t agree with the fact that Darcy Regier is still in charge of the hockey department.

Hell, even my mom, who raised me on Blue and Gold and never misses a game – has talked about boycotting the organization until Regier is gone. But has his finesse with this organization gotten into the heads of some of the players that can get out if they get a chance? We know Ryan Miller and Thomas Vanek are being shopped, and that it is highly unlikely that they will be out of town during the upcoming season.

Does Cody Hodgson not want to be a part of the rebuild?

http://sabrenoise.co...n-cody-hodgson/

Is Cody Hodgson looking for a ticket out of Hockey Heaven? According to general manager Darcy Regier he has reached out to the agent of Cody Hodgson and is awaiting the agent’s response.

Given the season that Hodgson had last year – is he looking for a way to get out of the Buffalo Sabres organization? I haven’t been too high on the Buffalo team lately, given the fact that I don’t agree with the fact that Darcy Regier is still in charge of the hockey department.

Hell, even my mom, who raised me on Blue and Gold and never misses a game – has talked about boycotting the organization until Regier is gone. But has his finesse with this organization gotten into the heads of some of the players that can get out if they get a chance? We know Ryan Miller and Thomas Vanek are being shopped, and that it is highly unlikely that they will be out of town during the upcoming season.

Does Cody Hodgson not want to be a part of the rebuild?

http://sabrenoise.co...n-cody-hodgson/

This would be hilarious, IF true (which maybe it is, maybe it isn't). But how funny would it be if Hodgson doesn't want to be a part of the rebuild? It would mean this: Hodgson didn't want to be part of an established team (Vancouver) where he wouldn't be a key player for many years, yet neither does he want to be a key player on a rebuilding team (Buffalo) because it will take many years before (if) they're a contending team again.

This would be hilarious, IF true (which maybe it is, maybe it isn't). But how funny would it be if Hodgson doesn't want to be a part of the rebuild? It would mean this: Hodgson didn't want to be part of an established team (Vancouver) where he wouldn't be a key player for many years, yet neither does he want to be a key player on a rebuilding team (Buffalo) because it will take many years before (if) they're a contending team again.

The fact that the Buffalo Sabres are trying to get younger shouldn’t be lost on Hodgson – he is still a young up and coming center in the National Hockey League, but the fact that Steve Ott, Mikhail Grigorenko, Zemgus Girgensons, and Tyler Ennis have all got a shot at a center position at training camp, Hodgson could be waiting for some guarantee from the Buffalo Sabres that he has a solid standing with the team, and won’t be fighting for minutes on a team struggling to find an identity.

Sure Ott and Ennis can get thrown back over to the wing and be just as effective if not more – but is Hodgson or his agent not calling Darcy back because they don’t feel that Buffalo is the future for Hodgson? If that’s the case, take the one year deal from Buffalo and hit free agency next year. Given the ice time, it would not be hard for Hodgson to stand out amongst his Blue and Gold peers in the 2013-2014 campaign.

Archived