The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sabres struggling to re-sign Hodgson, fielding offers for him

The rumour of 4 years at 3.25 per seems low to me. Doesn't he deserve better money than Tyler Ennis (47 gp 10g 21a 31pts +/- -14 ) who's getting a little over 3 mill this year?

I can certainly see where terms come into it as well and if either Buffalo or Cody want a LT deal then 4 mill should be a starting point.

2 years 7.5 million

5 years 20 million.

Sadly, this is something that alot of fans couldn't seem to grasp. His defensive game has always been and will likely continue to be lacking.

You can't win without two way centers in the playoffs. Soft players that put up points can only get you so far.

Does that mean that Kassian is better or his game is perfect? No. But at least he brings some intangibles like grit and intimidation. Something this team has been lacking for quite awhile now.

Schnieder wanted a larger role, got traded, will inevitably be involved in contract negotiations. Lets stir **** up about him too!

lol, this is really ridiculous, never seen so much hate towards someone because of 1 bias, and frankly stupid, mans words. Even if everything said about him is true ( which they aren't) and he's some total prima PITA, it does not exuse a bad trade.

Boston knew what to do with an actual headcase, trade him for an impact player. What a freakin revalation!

And when Kassian comes into his own and becomes the powerforward he's capable of becoming, we'll have an impact player too.

Don't act like we gave Hodgson away. We got a young player that will be affordable for years to come.

Getting impact players at the deadline rarely works out. If we made a trade like that and it didn't pay off, we'd likely not have anything to show for it right now. With Daniel and Kesler injured, and flip flopping starters, I don't think any impact player would have put us over the top that year.

At least with Kassian we have a player that will likely contribute on this team for years to come.

Yep, but how would he do in the playoffs? That's all that matters right now.

Based on him being one of the worst players in the league defensively in the regular season, I'm guessing that wouldn't get much better in the playoffs.

Can't have a third line center that needs to play sheltered minutes in the playoffs, you need to roll 4 lines.

And at 4-5 million dollars, it doesn't matter cause we couldn't afford him now. I'm glad we got something for him while we did. This team had enough soft players, no room for any more.

Archived