The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins Future

Tangerines

If the sedins were to get reupped for 3 million per and free up cap space for a strong first line this team could go on another run in 2015.

I don't want the sedins back unless its for a massive discount they don't get it done in the post season.

If there was secondary scoring on this team than I don't think fans would be so hard on the sedins in the playoffs. It's not hard for teams to shut down one line in the playoffs. You don't hear people complaining about toews as much for not producing bc the hawks other lines are stepping up in the playoffs while their top player is being shut down.

A shout out to all the real canucks fans and the idiot basher fans eat

If there was secondary scoring on this team than I don't think fans would be so hard on the sedins in the playoffs. It's not hard for teams to shut down one line in the playoffs. You don't hear people complaining about toews as much for not producing bc the hawks other lines are stepping up in the playoffs while their top player is being shut down.

A shout out to all the real canucks fans and the idiot basher fans eat

Let's see where we are at closer to the trade deadline. if we are fighting for a playoff spot or falling far behind the pack. I say approach them and ask them to waive their no-trade for the good of the organization. Too many players bolting from their teams for a chance to win the cup. And I don't blame them. i can't seem to figure out why GM's can't get players to sign contracts with no-trades until the last year of their contracts. It would make trade deadline day much more interesting.

Unless we somehow have a great season this year, which I'm not expecting, I don't expect to see the twins in Vancouver beyond this season. They'll either go to Modo or sign with another team, which is the more likely outcome.

I don't think the team which ends up with the 1st overall in 2015 will trade it. I mean, McDavid is a generational talent, and if Colorado wouldn't part with the 1st this year for all 3 of Calgary's firsts...you can imagine what it would take to get the kid.

I cannot believe the amount of people who are asking Sedins to sign for 3-4m... You are bashing our management for treating our players like crap and yet you ask them to sign the number 1 and 2 point getters of our organization to sign for half of what they're making now?? That's insane!

If we are to re-sign them, it will be at least 6m.. And I'd be more than happy if they sign for 4 more years at that Cap hit

I really hope they'll end up staying for two-three seasons to really help the process of re-tooling go smoothly. They can still provide a large chunk of the offense, at least in the regular season, and they'll be instrumental in providing guidance to the kids.

Now it's not that I see it happening with them but If they want to leave to join a contender I hope they make sure the trade happens quickly. The two of them should be able to bring back a first each, plus a non-roster prospect (referring to what Iginla got in last deadline for the Flames, I think each Sedin can get a bit more back, since they're younger and probably won't say I'll only go to one place, which allows the trading partner GM to low-ball Gillis). Without the insurance of an upcoming contract their return's value goes down (Nash, Richards, Carter are still young and are on long-term contracts; Twins will be UFA). In terms of UFA destination, I'd agree that Detroit could be an option strictly because of the Swedish connection (though Weiss, Datsyuk and Hank would be excessive). Really hope they can finish their careers here as 2nd liners though!

Only way I see this remotely happening is if we're below 10th place in the West at the deadline and even then it would be not likely they'd simply "abandon ship".

That said, if that was occurring and management could make agreeable arrangements... The ideal scenario would be to trade them to a contender for picks/prospects with an already agreed upon extension to sign the following summer (for ~$5m I'm guessing). They come back the following year to a deeper/better team, hopefully with some cup rings and experience.

They come back here and eventually retire in a few years as the best second line in the league and the Canucks two best players ever.

Both sign 1 million dollar a year contracts and the Canucks steez the crap out of the salary cap and win 3 stanely cups in a row with a line up of

Shinkuruk Kesler Jensen

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Horvat Gaunce Hansen

Sestito Richardson Santorelli

Not quite correct.

Burkie flew to Sweden with a contract ready on hand (alledgedly) to sign the twins. But MG re-signed them before the twins became UFA. But knowing the backroom shenanigans...I'm sure Burkie called them (as friends *wink wink*) and they had an idea of what kind of offer they could get from TO.

I think it would be pretty tough to trade them both at the deadline, usually deadline deals are rentals for a contending team, how many contending teams would be able to bring on 12m of cap?

I hope the retire as Canucks. Imagine in a few years having the Sedins as 2nd or 3rd line players supporting some new up and coming players. Could be the perfect mix of youth and experience.

Archived