The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to play Sens in 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic

Grape

The woman who birthed you seems to be of dubious moral standing. #1915Insults

"It appears your rover knows not which end of the rink to advance to." #1915Insults

the Millionaires swept them in the final like a small child sweeping a factory floor! #1915Insults

I do say! Your tender is most unattractive! I commend you lads for fastening a covering on his person! #1915Insults

twitter is exploding with these.

It does rain a lot here. This past March it only rained 13 of the 31 days, but last year it rained 19 of 31 days, and in March 2011 it rained 24 of 31 days. The 2010 Olympics (February) it was so mild they had to helicopter snow in for the ski events here. It `s easy to be pessimistic about the weather here from October through to May. It rains and rains. Then it rains some more.

Can't wait to see the ticket prices on this. My guess is that this will be an additional cost for season ticket holders, or even excluded from season ticket holder packages altogether. They'll likely give season ticket holders first rights to buy this game at a premimum however this is nothing more than a blatant money grab from an increasingly greedy organization. From the lockout, to the insulting one dollar hot dog deals after the lockout, to constantly rising prices, it seems pretty clear where the franchise priorities lie.

People are being overly pessimistic about the rain potential. There's usually a 3 week window of 'fake spring' starting in mid-February and lasting a week or two into March - that's why the weather was so nice for the olympics for example.

I looked at the weather on that date for the last few years, it rained a bit last year but was dry the two years before.

LOL some of you guys get so negative over anything. Watching a game in BC Place with that big ass scoreboard I'm in. I can't wait for this, yeah I'd rather it be against a bunch of other teams instead of Ottawa but so what atleast they're a good team.

while this is a cool idea in theory...the venue that is BC Place is not great.

- BC Place will have terrible sight lines for hockey. The slope of seats is not great enough.

- March 2nd will most likely feature weather that is 8-12 degrees and raining ...thus the roof will be closed

while this is a cool idea in theory...the venue that is BC Place is not great.

- BC Place will have terrible sight lines for hockey. The slope of seats is not great enough.

- March 2nd will most likely feature weather that is 8-12 degrees and raining ...thus the roof will be closed

I'm betting this event will be a tough sell and the NHL could end up looking stupid.

There are a number of reasons for this:

1) The NHL's greediest ownership group will undoubtedly try and gouge the fans with ridiculous prices. I'd imagine tickets will start at $150. Lower bowl $500+

2) "Outdoor Classics" are getting old and stale, it's 2014 not 2004.

3) It's not even an "outdoor" classic it's just a far worse indoor venue. BC Place is a terrible venue for the sports it's meant for never mind hockey.

4) Ottawa is probably one of the worst draws imaginable.

Archived