The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Toronto Maple Leafs have legitimately planned their Stanley Cup parade already

Toronto has a better chance then Vancouver IMO.

Reimer is young, improving goalie. J-Bernier oozes with potential, and is going to work hard to prove himself as a legitimate starting netminder.

Defense is shaky at times, but young and can improve. Good mixture of size and skill.

Phaneuf

Gunnarsson

Gardiner

Franson

Fraser

Liles

Solid top 6.

Forward group is underrated. Lupul and Kessel are legit top liners. Bozak is a great compliment to them. JVR, Kadri and Clarkson are proven 2nd line players. If Bolland can bounce-back, he can makes their 3rd line one of the best. McClement is a stellar 4th line C.

Lupul since joining the Leafs:

103 pts in 110gp (.93ptspg)

Kessel since Lupul joining:

198pts in 212gp (.93ptspg)

Bozak since Lupul joining:

75pts in 119gp (.63ptspg)

----------------------------

H.Sedin last 3 yrs:

220pts in 212gp (1.03ptspg)

D.Sedin last 3 yrs:

211pts in 201gp (1.05ptspg)

Burrows last 3 yrs:

124pts in 199gp (.62ptspg)

So the Canucks top line has been a bit better the last 3 years, but I guarantee you the Leafs trio will outproduce the Sedins/Burrows this year IF HEALTHY.

Kadri vs Kesler

Kadri in offense, Kesler in defense.

JVR vs Booth

JVR in a heartbeat lol.

Clarkson vs Kassian

Give me the gritty 30 goal scorer.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel

JVR - Kadri - Clarkson

Colborne - Bolland - Kulemin

McLaren - McClement - Orr

Speed, skill, size, and toughness in that forward group.

Toronto has a better chance then Vancouver IMO.

Reimer is young, improving goalie. J-Bernier oozes with potential, and is going to work hard to prove himself as a legitimate starting netminder.

Defense is shaky at times, but young and can improve. Good mixture of size and skill.

Phaneuf

Gunnarsson

Gardiner

Franson

Fraser

Liles

Solid top 6.

Forward group is underrated. Lupul and Kessel are legit top liners. Bozak is a great compliment to them. JVR, Kadri and Clarkson are proven 2nd line players. If Bolland can bounce-back, he can makes their 3rd line one of the best. McClement is a stellar 4th line C.

Lupul since joining the Leafs:

103 pts in 110gp (.93ptspg)

Kessel since Lupul joining:

198pts in 212gp (.93ptspg)

Bozak since Lupul joining:

75pts in 119gp (.63ptspg)

----------------------------

H.Sedin last 3 yrs:

220pts in 212gp (1.03ptspg)

D.Sedin last 3 yrs:

211pts in 201gp (1.05ptspg)

Burrows last 3 yrs:

124pts in 199gp (.62ptspg)

So the Canucks top line has been a bit better the last 3 years, but I guarantee you the Leafs trio will outproduce the Sedins/Burrows this year IF HEALTHY.

Kadri vs Kesler

Kadri in offense, Kesler in defense.

JVR vs Booth

JVR in a heartbeat lol.

Clarkson vs Kassian

Give me the gritty 30 goal scorer.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel

JVR - Kadri - Clarkson

Colborne - Bolland - Kulemin

McLaren - McClement - Orr

Speed, skill, size, and toughness in that forward group.

As much as I think Toronto has a better forward group, I still give the advantage to Vancouver but it's anyones guess and an argument can be made for either team.

Our defence will be too good under Tortz. Add that and Luongo (Our true #1, not Schneider) getting most the games again, I think we will be a much better team, at least on the back end.

A top 6 D of Hamhuis, Edler, Bieksa, Tanev, Corrado, and Garrison is IMO, a top 5 D-core in the league. (except LA, STL, CHI, BOS)

We have a great balance of veterans and youth on the back end. Weber as a 7th helps. He could QB the 2nd PP unit easily.

The biggest advantage our D has over Toronto's is the perfect mix of Left and Right handed shots.

Not sure why people are knocking the TOR forwards they are one of the better groups in the NHL. #6 offense in the NHL last season. Bad contract or not Clarkson does make that group better in the present day. And most of those guys are still young they could easily get better.

As for JVR vs. Burrows. JVR was on pace for 31 goals last year while Burrows was on pace for 22 as far as the current offensive debate goes.

Ether way Toronto has a cup caliber offense. The question is simply can they tighten up the defense and the goaltending. Planning a cup parade is silly (for any team before a season starts) but they are at least on the radar now and confidence is often helpful.

Lol? Let me know when JVR scores 30 goals or more than 40 points

The idea that Booth can't bounce back at age 28 after a couple unlucky injuries is ridiculous. Booth will outscore JVR next season, quote me on it.

And as for Clarkson being a 30 goal scorer, lets see if he can do it more than once. Most overrated player in the league this offseason. He's barely even a top 6 player.

I don't see how people can say that they have a cup winning forward group when there isn't a #1 center.

I don't know how many people have realized but going back to 2008, the vast majority of cup finalists have had not only one #1 line quality but 2.

He's not a top 6 player.

I don't see how people can say that they have a cup winning forward group when there isn't a #1 center.

I don't know how many people have realized but going back to 2008, the vast majority of cup finalists have had not only one #1 line quality but 2.

The only ones that come to mind that haven't are NJD, and the Hawks last year considering they use Handzus as the 2C instead of Sharp.

The rest:

Boston: Krejci - Bergeron

LA: Kopitar - Richards

Vancouver: Sedin - Kesler

Chicago (2010): Toews - Sharp

Philly: Richards - Carter

Pittsburgh: Crosby - Malkin

Detriot: Datsyuk - Zetterberg

No it isn't. People are overrating the Leafs.

Clarkson isn't even that good, He's a 3rd line player, Tweener at best. He's had one season of over 40 points. Bozak is a 3rd liner on a good team, you can maybe sell him as a 2nd liner on a lesser team.

Kadri is a good player no doubt, but lets see if he can continue he his play, he was starting to dip at the end of the year, in a full season I don't see him maintaining PPG, or close to it, but we will see.

Canucks are still a better team, an argument can be made for the Leafs having a better forward group. (Which I don't necessarily agree with) so they can compete with us there, but we easily have a better back end and better goaltending. Which is the major advantage for our team. And having a new coach could be the game changer, as I thought coaching was a major issue with our club last year, the accountability factor Torts will bring is something new that this team desperately needed.

Yea, Kulemin and Colbourne on the third line, that's bound to strike fear into opponents. Lol. That's a horrible third line. Bolland is the only top third liner there.

As for Clarkson being a top 6 player, we'll see if that performance was a fluke or not.

Either way, that's probably one of the softest top 9's in the league. No way they don't get dismantled by Boston again.

And basing point totals on a half season is ridiculous. Lots of average players overachieved, and lots of star players underachieved. Base the numbers on full seasons.

Bozak is the worst excuse for a first liner in the entire NHL.

Letting MacArthur walk and buying out Grabovski has sealed the fate of this hockey team.

Never should have fired Burke.

Archived