The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder or Gilbert Brule?

Sportjunky

Does not hurt to give him a try!! Not going to have to pay much for him.. Say 800 000K could be a really asset if we run into injury problems and he puts up 50pts.. unlikely i know, but not completely out of the question..

Maybe he does not make the team as a center?? Some of these guys are going to have to play the wing!! JS Gaunce Kesler Horvat Henrik .. someones got to move.. Having a center play wing usually works alot better then a wing playing center!

If Schroeder is so good, bringing in Brule for a tryout should be a non-issue. I understand development, but given Brule's floundering if he's beating people out I'm not sure there's much hope.

(and if the article is true, maybe he's due for a rebound.. in the immortal words of John Madden "80% of the game is half-mental!")

Schroeder over Brule in a heartbeat. I like Brule, but he's not what this team needs right now. To those saying trade Schroeder should give their heads a good long shake. The kid is only 22 and if Horvat and Shinkaruk make the team here's what I see:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Shinkaruk - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Horvat - Schroeder

Richardson - Gaunce - Hansen

So to everyone saying there isn't a spot for Schroeder, think again.

Schroeder isn't likely to be ready for camp anyhow, but even with all his baggage, if Brule can't beat out Schroeder he really should look for a new career. First Blum, now Brule, indicating interest in the Canucks...while Gillis continues to look everywhere but in his own back yard.

Schroeder over Brule in a heartbeat. I like Brule, but he's not what this team needs right now. To those saying trade Schroeder should give their heads a good long shake. The kid is only 22 and if Horvat and Shinkaruk make the team here's what I see:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Yeah, you're so brilliant you actually think Shinkaruk has a shot at making the team. Do you really think they are going to play 4 rookies? And you don't even mention Jensen, who will make the team as a winger long before either of the two midgets Schroeder and Shinkaruk.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

I watched Brule quite often in Phoenix, and although he was never a focus of mine I thought he looked pretty good out there. He was mucking in the corners, finding open ice and had finesse. I don't remember him being a liability on defence but Phoenix did let him go for whatever reason. I think he might be a fit for Canucks but might not be better than Schroeder, but he is an interesting player.

Archived