The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nicknames

I got to thinking about nicknames at work. I'm a big believer in them; not just for hockey players, but for everyone, because it adds a little color and character to your story. Juice, Captain Canuck, Lou, Big Bert, Kes, Captain Kirk McLean, you get the idea. I personally like Grapes, Ronnie Franchise and The Little Ball of Hate. Some of the guys that haven't been with the big club very long or this year's draftees need a nickname. Guys like Bo Horvat, Hunter Shinkaruk, and Jordan Subban may have 'em and I'm not aware. Cole Cassels could be Hi-C? I mean Ronalds Kenins is dying for a nickname. I did some searching @ http://en.wikipedia....ockey_nicknames I saw on this website that Kesler's nickname is Guzzler. I hadn't heard that one, nor saw it here and it is Wikipedia. Thoughts? Favorites? Late-

I got to thinking about nicknames at work. I'm a big believer in them; not just for hockey players, but for everyone, because it adds a little color and character to your story. Juice, Captain Canuck, Lou, Big Bert, Kes, Captain Kirk McLean, you get the idea. I personally like Grapes, Ronnie Franchise and The Little Ball of Hate. Some of the guys that haven't been with the big club very long or this year's draftees need a nickname. Guys like Bo Horvat, Hunter Shinkaruk, and Jordan Subban may have 'em and I'm not aware. Cole Cassels could be Hi-C? I mean Ronalds Kenins is dying for a nickname. I did some searching @ http://en.wikipedia....ockey_nicknames I saw on this website that Kesler's nickname is Guzzler. I hadn't heard that one, nor saw it here and it is Wikipedia. Thoughts? Favorites? Late-

Luongo - Lu, Bobby-Lu

Kassian - Kassquatch, the Kassassin

H. Sedin - Hank

D. Sedin - Dank

Corrado - Frank, Frankie, Kid

Burrows - Burr

Kesler - Kes, Guzzler, Bif (Naked)

Hamhuis - Hammer

Bieksa - Juice, the Plug

Higgins - Higgy

Edler - Eddy, the Eagle

Jensen - Little Nicky, Jenny