The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Schroeder’s shoulder ready for camp

shinkaruk98

I hope to see this guy make a statement this coming season and prove all the guys who don't think he can play wrong.

Jordan Schroeder is confident he’ll be ready for training camp so he can show the Canucks he deserves the one-way contract that was announced on Wednesday.

Vowing to be recovered from May 21 shoulder labrum surgery by mid-September training camp, the 5-foot-8, 175-pound centre was pumped after getting the deal — for one year and $600,000 — out of the way.

He was also just as upbeat over his recuperation from the major surgery to his left shoulder.

“They told me all along I should be ready for camp,” said Schroeder, the Canucks first-round draft pick (22nd overall) in 2009.

“My physiotherapist says I’m way ahead of schedule. I’m skating again, though I haven’t been doing any shooting yet.”

The key now for Schroeder is to show he belongs in the Canucks’ bottom six forwards, with the top six pretty much determined. Free agent Brad Richardson was signed with the intention of centering the third line, so versatility will be an important trait for Schroeder to show.

“I’ll play anywhere they want me to play,” said the 22-year-old Schroeder, who had three goals and nine points in 31 games with the Canucks in his first NHL stint last season.

“I’ve just got to do what I do, use my speed and be confident.”

New head coach John Tortorella says he wants a more intense team approach and Schroeder, whose game is based on skill rather than grit, says he want so add that to his game.

“I’m not 6-1 and 210 pounds, but I’ve got to find a way to be scrappier. That’s something I want to add.”

<p><br />

<br />

</p>

OR, he does what we all expect and continues to be too small and just a little behind where he needs to be to play in the NHL and gets sent to the COmets to be a lifer. Sorry fan boys, not a Torts kinda guy... Now, if he played like Aaron Asham...

<p><br />

<br />

</p>

OR, he does what we all expect and continues to be too small and just a little behind where he needs to be to play in the NHL and gets sent to the COmets to be a lifer. Sorry fan boys, not a Torts kinda guy... Now, if he played like Aaron Asham...

Schroeder will have an influence on how this team plays this year. An offensive 3C is a break from the norm, but I think a 3rd line with him at center could do some nice "defensive lifting" so to speak while providing above average scoring if Higgins/Booth and Hansen are his wingers.

Make no doubts, Schroeder got better as the season went on last year and I fully expect him to be a better and more impactful player next season even if I'm not sure where he fits in the lineup.

Schroeder will take the 3C, and what's with people thinking Richardson can be a full time 3rd line Center? Maybe he can switch now and then but he's not a permanent solution. He got signed for the 4th line Center spot, that's why we let Lappy go.

Vancouver didn’t wait long to find a way to replace Maxim Lapierre by signing centerman Mike Santorelli away from Winnipeg.

Back in 2010-2011, however, he scored 20 goals for the Panthers. Perhaps there’s a bit more to his game than lets on. At the very least, signing a local guy should go over well.

With Lapierre off to St. Louis, the Canucks have a hole to fill on their fourth line. Santorelli has been a depth player in all of his NHL stays and will fill the same kind of role in Vancouver.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/06/canucks-sign-santorelli/

Vancouver didn’t wait long to find a way to replace Maxim Lapierre by signing centerman Mike Santorelli away from Winnipeg.

Back in 2010-2011, however, he scored 20 goals for the Panthers. Perhaps there’s a bit more to his game than lets on. At the very least, signing a local guy should go over well.

With Lapierre off to St. Louis, the Canucks have a hole to fill on their fourth line. Santorelli has been a depth player in all of his NHL stays and will fill the same kind of role in Vancouver.

http://prohockeytalk...ign-santorelli/

<p><br />

<br />

</p>

Archived