The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins versus Hossa/Gaborik

seeteesee

Talking about Hossa not being the best player on the team or carrying his team is kind of asinine.

You don't build teams around wingers, you build 'em around #1 centers, #1 D-men or elite #1 goalies.

It's not that he's not the better player, it's just that his position doesn't allow him to be the go-to guy.

The sole reason I would pick Hossa over any Sedin is because when the Sedins aren't producing, what are they doing? Not a whole lot. Do they kill penalties? Block Shots? Hit? Play good defensively? Nah.

Hossa is a more well rounded player, so if its just a 1v1, I would pick Hossa over any one Sedin. Hossa and Gaborik over the Sedins? Not so much. Gaborik isn't all that great

Since 2009

Playoff stats

H. Sedin 46gp 44 points

D. Sedin 43gp 39 points

M.Hossa 54gp 37 points

M.Gaborik 25gp 13 points

Other than Hossa having 2 cups, the Sedins seem better on paper.

But the Stanley cup is the biggest trophy in hockey. To say it doesn't matter is pretty silly.

You have to take the Sedins as a pair (one entity)....I would take them easily over Hossa or Gaborik...Hossa has won the SC twice,but he's also had a better supporting cast around him.It will be a sad day for Canucks hockey when the Sedin's decide to pack it in..You can talk about the Horvat's and Shinkaruk's,I'm sure they will be fine players,but not elite status players like the twins (There's a reason why they went #2 and 3 overall in the draft).

Were you not paying attention?

I know you are a bit slow in the head with your stupid I love Messier thread so I'll break it down for you;

The Sedins have won major trophies the others haven't won.

Sedins generated more points in the playoffs.

Sedins are less injured than the others.

Hossa won the Cup on the backs of Toews & Kane.

Does that work for you Messier lover?

The sole reason I would pick Hossa over any Sedin is because when the Sedins aren't producing, what are they doing? Not a whole lot. Do they kill penalties? Block Shots? Hit? Play good defensively? Nah.

Hossa is a more well rounded player, so if its just a 1v1, I would pick Hossa over any one Sedin. Hossa and Gaborik over the Sedins? Not so much. Gaborik isn't all that great

I'd pick the Sedins because they are more consistent overall. They really do play with class and need

protection. I'd separate them at this point to see if we could spread the good out and balance it out with a tougher, harder to play against choice of players. But separate or together, I'd pick them over Hossa/Gaborik. They are injured too much.

Talking about Hossa not being the best player on the team or carrying his team is kind of asinine.

You don't build teams around wingers, you build 'em around #1 centers, #1 D-men or elite #1 goalies.

It's not that he's not the better player, it's just that his position doesn't allow him to be the go-to guy.

Archived