The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Male hairloss thread

key2thecup

I am going bald quickly at 23, I will most than likely go to a very short/bald until there is a cure. We live in a very progressive time scientifically with lots of research being done to help the superficial. I have no doubt in my mind I will have a full head of hair before I am 30.

Ah, fellas. It's okay to lose your hair.

Any "cure" is a long, long way off, unless you're willing to pay top dollar, have surgery, or potentially jeopardize your health elsewhere (it's bizarre how many men are willing to jeopardize their sexuality, ironically, to feel like they have more sex appeal). Then again, most of these approaches have zero guarantee and are almost all temporary themselves.

For better or for worse, the most boring, frustrating, disheartening answer is to just accept yourself. Not all women will like you with hair, not all women will like you without it. Get a personality, some confidence, a decent sense of humour, and your hair (or lack of it), will become an afterthought for everyone, including her and including you

my brother has had male pattern baldness/thinning hair since his early 20s. he's started taking rogaine and it has stopped thinning, for the most part. I haven't noticed much in the way of growback though.

Lucky for me, my hair is as thick and lush as ever, but i'm getting grey hairs now, so i guess i'll be going grey.

Unless your brother has different parents, or astronomical stress and unique medical/health issues, then it's only a matter of time for you, too. It's genetic. It's only a matter of how much you'll lose, not if.

I used to always think it was weird how Prince William has such thin hair while Harry seemed to literally have a solid orange mass covering his head. Then I saw a photo of him from a couple of months ago, and it looks like he's catching up to his brother pretty quick.

ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS, BUDDY

my hair started thinning around 20 and ill be honest, it was something i was conscious about.

25 now and I've accepted it, moved on, and really couldn't care about it. its a part of life. the rate of thinning though has seemingly decreased though. for me, i found for me, staying hydrated is the key.

anyways, I'm pretty sure science will come through one day. maybe not in 5 years, but by 10 i will say it will be reversible.

Ah, fellas. It's okay to lose your hair.

Any "cure" is a long, long way off, unless you're willing to pay top dollar, have surgery, or potentially jeopardize your health elsewhere (it's bizarre how many men are willing to jeopardize their sexuality, ironically, to feel like they have more sex appeal). Then again, most of these approaches have zero guarantee and are almost all temporary themselves.

For better or for worse, the most boring, frustrating, disheartening answer is to just accept yourself. Not all women will like you with hair, not all women will like you without it. Get a personality, some confidence, a decent sense of humour, and your hair (or lack of it), will become an afterthought for everyone, including her and including you

Well said!

Anyone else have hairloss issues?

thinning of hair?

anyone taking anything like Propecia or Rogaine?

Share your experiences with Propecia...

I'm pretty sure I have male pattern, I don't think I want to take Propecia since DHT plays a much larger role in men than just the hairloss.....

Is Rogaine the only other option?

....No I don't want to "shave it"

(I'm in my mid 20's and want hair till at least 50)

are you a hat guy??

Not that it's a factor,kinda a observation..but,growing up on the prairies you notice farmers who always wear hats,tend to be missing alot of flo

Something 3 generations have always told me..i dont wear a hat,until needed..I,like my family all have healthy heads hair

Archived