The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau admits...he's a junkie (according to Conservatives)

Warhippy

Because while we're all 'guilty' of speeding, we're not all guilty of smoking weed.

And while 20 people were killed and 40 were injured 'for weed' , those however many people you chose to link to speeding-related deaths weren't killed 'for' anything, as they were all accidents.

Hey, i don't blame people for wanting to ignore the criminal element that goes along with purchasing their illegal, but fun product, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Of course it exists. It's kinda why this thread exists. And why legalizing pot, instead of legalizing speeding is such an apparent issue here.

Because while we're all 'guilty' of speeding, we're not all guilty of smoking weed.

And while 20 people were killed and 40 were injured 'for weed' , those however many people you chose to link to speeding-related deaths weren't killed 'for' anything, as they were all accidents.

Hey, i don't blame people for wanting to ignore the criminal element that goes along with purchasing their illegal, but fun product, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Of course it exists. It's kinda why this thread exists. And why legalizing pot, instead of legalizing speeding is such an apparent issue here.

I can't speak for others.. but I've said ad nauseum this thread that I support legalization but only if it's done responsibly and with a good plan. (I don't mind responsible use by adults but am 100% against use by minors or people driving.)

I can't help but question the motivation of the particularly vocal pro-pot contingent.. and I also question exactly how much overall positive impact it will have on society.

I understand the taxation part - that makes sense. It will take some organization to make sure we're collecting on this - for example a lot of Coffee shops in Amsterdam sell illegally grown weed that generates 0 tax. Although the shops themselves pay taxes as the middle-men. As I'm not planning on opening up a smoke-shop, I'd like to see the plan to maximize tax dollars on the product. They also have issues with the amount of THC in the weed being sold.

Gang violence MIGHT slip, but the big money is and always has been exporting to the USA - and the big time violent dealers all push cocaine, heroin and the like so that remains.

"Guilty conscience" seemed to stir some people, but weed smokers still feel judged by many in society.. do they want legalization for the socially-productive reasons or simply to be socially validated in their drug of choice? I could care less about the latter when it comes to an election issue.

Like the vast majority of reasonable Canadians I think marijuana should be at the very least decriminalized, and I consider this to be a total non-issue. However Trudeau's flip-flopping here just reeks of pandering. He went from pro mandatory minimums to pro decriminalization to "yeah, I smoked pot as an MP." He's not changing his position because he's done his homework, he's changing his position because he wants to appeal more to younger voters.

Don't get me wrong, Trudeau is waaaay preferable to Harper. But this is just some clever politiking, not a display of honesty.

Like the vast majority of reasonable Canadians I think marijuana should be at the very least decriminalized, and I consider this to be a total non-issue. However Trudeau's flip-flopping here just reeks of pandering. He went from pro mandatory minimums to pro decriminalization to "yeah, I smoked pot as an MP." He's not changing his position because he's done his homework, he's changing his position because he wants to appeal more to younger voters.

Don't get me wrong, Trudeau is waaaay preferable to Harper. But this is just some clever politiking, not a display of honesty.

The blood is on the government's hands as far as I am concerned. If I was a marijuana smoker and had a choice to buy legal weed, I would. The fact is, I don't. As for violent crime, I believe that the 'guilt' should stay with those who commit the violent crimes, whether I choose to smoke weed or not. Even if I had hypothetically bought weed from those criminals, I sure as hell didn't force them to pull the trigger.

So to get away from the legalize it or don't topic.

Back tot he meat of this thread.

Harper is now out today saying "Trudeau has shown himself to be the kind of leader Canada can ill afford to have, the kind of leader Canada needs does not lie or hide behind anything and admits their wrong doings the moment they happen. They approach these issues like a man"

I would like to remind Heir Harper that, he has prorogued parliament 4 times now if he's successful and 3 of those times were to avoid answering tough questions, he has hired two known and convicted criminals to run his staff and campaign, he has hand picked senators who have stolen from the Canadian taxpayers. And he consistently runs away to make major announcements.

I really wish that he would take his own advice to heart....

The Cons need to work harder at creating anti-JT feelings in Canada, because going down the pot road will just backfire, esp. if even some states are legalizing it now. Harper would be better served getting his own house in order.

Getting JT to admit that he had a puff was supposed to work in the Cons' favour. Instead, they made JT look more human and accountable, meanwhile Harper's still a mannequin who vanishes at the drop of a hat. So who's the better 'leader?'

Meanwhile, 'Broad strokes' = 'Pot smokers' don't have a guilty conscience, nor should they. What, do you speak for them all when making this assumption?

Archived