The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Game [Omertà]

Captain Aerosex

I still don't like the idea of taking a "leap of faith" and trusting Gally here. We've seen the Mafia sacrifice one of their own before, and with 26 people in this game, they likely have a rather large team that could afford to take a risk like this.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I don't know. I'd hate to see Gally work his way into a TP alliance without being confirmed by the Sheriff first.

Is it, though? If there's a team of, say, 7-8 Mafia, the Lackey actually has a decent chance of nailing one of them in the first round. This is the second game in a row that the Lackey has blocked the Mafia in the first round.

It's ballsy and not something I'd do if I were Mafia, but I don't think it's far-fetched to believe that it's a possibility.

Is it, though? If there's a team of, say, 7-8 Mafia, the Lackey actually has a decent chance of nailing one of them in the first round. This is the second game in a row that the Lackey has blocked the Mafia in the first round.

It's ballsy and not something I'd do if I were Mafia, but I don't think it's far-fetched to believe that it's a possibility.

I still don't like the idea of taking a "leap of faith" and trusting Gally here. We've seen the Mafia sacrifice one of their own before, and with 26 people in this game, they likely have a rather large team that could afford to take a risk like this.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I don't know. I'd hate to see Gally work his way into a TP alliance without being confirmed by the Sheriff first.

You are. It would be an incredibly risky and potentially very stupid move for the Mafia to purposely target one of their own for a 33% chance the Lackey will block them. You say you wouldn't do it, and I know I wouldn't do it. Which players do you think would have the balls to try it?

Seriously, imagine the 66% likely scenario where we see this at Nightfall:

Gally [Mafia Kill: Mafia]

Gally is 99% confirmed TP, just as JE was last game.

Losing one of their own isn't always a big deal. Losing one of their own unnecessarily is a big deal. This is a numbers game, and any Mafia which kills off one of their own(in the first round, no less) is simply making it harder for their team to win.

I seriously think some of you are overthinking this. If we really need extra confirmation then the Sheriff can investigate Gally today.

Alright, let's delve a little deeper in now. I'll use Spoiler tags to make things easier to scroll through.

Disclaimer: remember, any analysis is based solely off their voting pattern, with occasional noting of their justifications and motives. This is only one method of examining events; it's the one I like to use, but it's not the only one to consider.

Lemons vote:

1) Mikeyboy begins the vote on admittedly flimsy evidence, but explained his actions later as an attempt to get activity going. This doesn't clear him, but it's hardly suspicious.

2) Peaches votes

3) Intoewsables votes

4) Susraiders votes

5) Beluga (TP) votes

6) Kryten votes, but almost immediately backs off, realising the bandwagon went up too fast for his liking. Kryten is a smart guy, but this is a TP-friendly move, and in line with his character.

So Peaches, Intoewsables, and Susraiders are the suspects from this vote. Beluga was the one actually called out for it, but he turned out to be TP. Nonetheless, it would not be shocking to see a Mafia name among the other three.

Intoewsables later said he was essentially trying to do the same thing as Mikeyboy, start up a bandwagon and see who leaps on board. Still, that's easy for him to say after the fact.

In Peaches' defense, it would be a pretty bad move for a Mafia to bandwagon so quickly; too obvious.

The 4th spot (susraiders) is the most likely "bandwagon" spot for a Mafia to slip in; and susraiders came out of nowhere to do it, whereas the others had at least been contributing to the thread beforehand. (Also, I'd say Beluga's 5th vote was just as bad, but we know he's TP now, so...)

Archived