The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burkie to the Flames

lumberman

Feaster, as much as his body of work in Calgary does not reflect it, had great track record in Tampa. Makes you wonder, and it appears an obvious question, if the ownership group was a bit too on hand in starting their re-build a bit later than most (99% of CDC anyway :rolleyes: ) would have suggested?

Is it possible Calgary knew they were interfering too much? And realized what Feaster needs is a bull headed go between, who will butt heads (he has gotten fired in the past as a result) with ownership, and stand up to them, over what needs to be done...

<_<:frantic:

On another note; great to see Burkie back in hockey!

Um Toronto made the playoffs last year and faired well in tough against a difficult team. Burkie did what he promised and that was to get Toronto into the playoffs. Not his fault Nonuts pooped the bed this offseason and Toronto probably wont make the playoffs for another decade because of it. Burke brought in tons of gifted young players and made some difficult trades the kind that most GM's wouldn't have the guts to make and in the end he built a team that gave the eastern conf champs all they could handle. Lest we forget the Canucks are still benifiting from the moves he made as GM of the Canucks. You don't have to like him but you gotta appreciate he seems to have the guts and the gumshon to make moves that build playoff teams. Anaheim is still dangerous with the core he put together.

As a Canucks fan I am grateful to Burke without him we would be cheering for. Patrick Stephan and Pavel Brendl . Or Brian Mcabe and Vorobiev, ewwwww. Instead he pulled off getting the Sedins and also drafted Kesler late in the first and took a chance on a undrafted echl nobody Burrows who we obviously don't need right? so it sure is a good thing we didn't extend that douche bag Burkie right ?

The true Anaheim core, even the parts that remain, Getzlaf, Perry etc., were there before Burke. Burke brought the key complimentary parts (Pronger, Scott Niedermeyer) to a solid core.

Correct me where I'm wrong, I don't believe Burke drafted or traded for;

Teemu Selanne

Andy MacDonald

Rob Niedermeyer

JS Giguere

Bryzgalov

Dustin Penner

Ryan Getzlaf

Corey Perry

Sammy Pahlsson

Travis Moen

Beauchimin

Chris Kunitz

Todd Marchant

AARON ROME :P

Am I missing anyone?

Did I muck up and one of these guys was a Burke acquisition?

Also, check my memory, did Burke draft or was Bobby Ryan on the cup team? I don't think so in either case...

Well it would make sense for Calgary to now got TO out of it's jam. Burkie always goes for former players, and Nonis and he are on good terms so I can see a trade between the two that would free up cap situation so the Leafs can sign both players. Something along the lines of Liles and a prospect for a pick.

Feaster, as much as his body of work in Calgary does not reflect it, had great track record in Tampa. Makes you wonder, and it appears an obvious question, if the ownership group was a bit too on hand in starting their re-build a bit later than most (99% of CDC anyway :rolleyes: ) would have suggested?

Is it possible Calgary knew they were interfering too much? And realized what Feaster needs is a bull headed go between, who will butt heads (he has gotten fired in the past as a result) with ownership, and stand up to them, over what needs to be done...

<_<:frantic:

On another note; great to see Burkie back in hockey!

Watch Burkie make a play for both Franson and Kadri. Losing your first 3 picks in next years' draft is a huge risk, but it isn't like we haven't seen him do this before (Kessel trade).

Franson - 4yrs/13.2m (2nd)

Kadri- 4yrs/20m (1st and a 3rd)

Cammalleri - Kadri - Glencross

Baertschi - Hurdler - Jones

Galiardi - Backlund - Stajan

Begin - Jones - McGrattan

Franson - Giordano

Wideman - Brodie

Russell - O'Brien

McDonald

Ramo

Of course, this would only work if Kipper officially announce his retirement and his contract is taken off the books.

Say all you want, this guys persona can't take a back seat for ever. Sure he'll make some good moves. His first will be to secure Fiester's job. I don't think presuming Burke will be the next GM in Calgary is a stretch, just when.

Burke 's ego tangling with some one some where will be his undoing.

I think this is good for Vancouver. From a team motivator to a healthy fan rivalry. Watching Calgary has been predictable when playing Vancouver.

I loath Calgary. My disdain peaked against Calgary when Sutter was in charge. l though he's long gone the stench remains.

Having Burke right in Calgary will be far better. We can get back to loathing everything Calgary.

Archived