The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Declassified

Alchemy Time

I'd say maybe target one of the quieter ones for the first round lynch only because they won't really be missed. (Cruel but true). Then we can work from there. So people like RC, Caboose, BW, Wilfred..

Has Heisenberg or GoGoats even been apart of the game at all yet? These are two new people who are also completely new to Mafia so really there are a lot of candidates for the first round.

First of all, I don't understand why I have to make this clear every game. I will almost never offer up discussion or vote in the first round. Secondly, killing a player who is quiet in this case, will not help whatsoever. With two mafia teams, we need as much TP as possible, regardless if they're quiet or not.

First of all, I don't understand why I have to make this clear every game. I will almost never offer up discussion or vote in the first round. Secondly, killing a player who is quiet in this case, will not help whatsoever. With two mafia teams, we need as much TP as possible, regardless if they're quiet or not.

First, it's very clear what you do, and I (and others) still don't like it. If you're not offering up discussion, you're not helping the TP. Discussion is what the TP need to survive.

Secondly, the numbers are the same as if there were one Mafia team, so it's not like the ratio has changed.

I was just throwing names out there. MR cleared you up, as I had forgotten that yes, indeed you don't offer up much discussion in the first round (Same boat as BW).

And to follow up on your assessment of us killing a quieter player, it was merely a suggestion, which I still think is the best case. The Mafia like to lurk too, especially the in the first round because no one has an idea of who to vote for, so why not vote those who aren't being vocal? I feel people who actually try to do something in the first round are more valuable TP, and usually the ones who try to help the TP the most. You know just as well as I do how we won a game as Mafia because of letting the quieter TP live and using their inactivity and lack of actually reading the thread to OUR advantage.

I feel the safer play would be to vote someone quiet, the SK, Vig, and two Mafia teams usually get the louder ones anyways so we'll still have a lot to go on at the end of this round.

As for the Watcher, he won't get info from a lynched player, so the plan is now for him to target another player (Mikeyboy's name was volunteered) AND have the Doctor (or Vigilante, but I prefer Doctor) target that player as well. That way, the Watcher will see Player A (Doc) visited Player B (Mikeyboy or whoever) and they can then get in contact with the Doc and start an alliance.

So they get led right to the Watcher, who believes they could be the Doctor? Nobody sees how this could go terribly wrong?

It's worth missing out on killing MikeyBoy to get rid of the Watcher, or even worse, start a TP alliance with all the Specials.

I must be missing something here.

So they get led right to the Watcher, who believes they could be the Doctor? Nobody sees how this could go terribly wrong?

It's worth missing out on killing MikeyBoy to get rid of the Watcher, or even worse, start a TP alliance with all the Specials.

Nobody gets led to anyone, the only thing that happens is the Watcher gets the Doctor's name when he investigates Mikey. If a faction or special tries to kill Mikey, they are wasting a kill and possibly exposing themselves to the Watcher for no reason or gain. I don't see how any of this can go wrong, if someone sees something I don't, please speak up.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but what Intoewsables is saying is that there is a chance the Watcher could be lead to Mafia instead of the Doctor. If the Mafia tries to kill Mikeyboy44, then we cannot trust whoever the Watcher investigated and our plan is null.

If the Watcher were to contact this person if the Mafia attempted to kill Mikeboy44 (Which he shouldn't if it occurred), then there is a chance that person could be Mafia and the Watcher would be toast.

Archived