The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What would make us win the Schnieder trade ?

Canuckler87

Well it really depends how well Cory plays and how Luongo plays.

That being said we lost the trade in terms of value. Imo we should have got the first pick + another prospect or maybe a second and a fourth pick to boot. Just a first for Cory was a bad deal.

That all being said we still can win the trade. First Cory would have to prove he can even play 40+ games in a season. I think he'll be a bonifide starter though, so horvat will have to become a first line player or luongo will need to post .950% and gaa under 2. Im the biggest lui fan but those are unrealistic stats.

So horvat... no pressure but yea nvm lots of pressure.

I don't understand the need of fans to "win" trades. I think it is a move that had to be made. Both teams filled a need. There are some questions whether Gillis got enough but he got what he could on the market right now,

I can guarantee that when GMs make trades they aren't trying to "win" the deal. They just want to make their team better at that point. How Schneider does in Newark is irrelevant to Mike Gillis. He had to do something with the goalie situation and after many months this is what was available. I'm fairly certain nobody inside the Canucks organization wishes a player do badly when they leave.

I think this is a little unique to Vancouver but not entirely. Look at the hatred towards Hodgson and Kassian from different factions of fans. The pressure on Kassian is immense, Hodgson doesn't feel that same pressure in Buffalo and Buffalo is a good hockey market.

Horvat is going to feel that pressure as well and it must be tough to deal with. He will be the guy they trade for Schneider who the fans really loved. It's a tough spot.

To win the Schneider trade we need to retain at least 1 top 5 starting goaltender in the NHL while clearing up our goaltending controversy and get at least a top 10 first round draft pick in the 2013 draft that can play center or wing 6 foot or taller and about 206 pounds.

Then we need a fan base who will not analyze this trade for months and years on end because TSN will tell them to continue to do so until such time as a better sports network takes over Canadian television and has less Ontario centric coverage.

Lord....get over it, the trade happened move on. Do you spend this much time obsessing over an ex girlfriend?

Just curious to know your guys's thoughts on this. What needs to happen for us to be looked on as the winners of this drafts blockbuster trade? I think after splitting this season with Broedeur , Cory will have the New Jersey net for himself. IF he chooses to resign there long term in two years, they could potentially have a solid starter for about a decade.

Now if Cory decides he wants to leave New Jersey and not sign there long term (cause other than goaltending, they suck) he can go somewhere else as a free agent. If this happens, I think we win the trade even if Bo turns out to be a third line center. However, if he stays and tears it up there for the Devils, I think Bo will have to be atleast top six material for us to come out on top in the trade. What are your thoughts on this?

Archived