The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What would make us win the Schnieder trade ?

Canuckler87

Schneider first needs to prove that he's a starter. Getting a significant groin injury 30 games into a season and 100 games total at 27yrs old doesn't look 'franchise' to me.

However, NJ's style protects their goalie and i'm sure having Brodeur around will help him develop as much as having Lu around.

Horvat is a top-6 'do everything' center that is extremely valueable in this league. He's also 9 years younger. Long-term, we've already won the trade, imho.

But there's nothing wrong with saying both teams filled a need.

Schneider first needs to prove that he's a starter. Getting a significant groin injury 30 games into a season and 100 games total at 27yrs old doesn't look 'franchise' to me.

However, NJ's style protects their goalie and i'm sure having Brodeur around will help him develop as much as having Lu around.

Horvat is a top-6 'do everything' center that is extremely valueable in this league. He's also 9 years younger. Long-term, we've already won the trade, imho.

But there's nothing wrong with saying both teams filled a need.

It really doesn't matter at all. Win or lose a trade one player doesn't win or lose the Stanley cup.

Schneider has potential and so does Horvat. Schneider has been ready to get a chance to be an actual #1 and should get it in a year. BoHo has in my opinion more potential than Schneider did/does however is just starting his development. We don't know what will happen. I'm with ToM in worrying about Schneider. He's certainly over hyped here like any player (or at least most) to wear a canucks jersey so I don't expect him to even be a vezina caliber goaltender year in and year out but I expect him to be a starter. If he was even close to as good as people think he is he'll beat Marty for the starting job before Christmas. That's likely not happening but after Marty retires he'll have no problem proving he's a damn good starting goalie.

We already won the trade because we've moved on from the trade. The team had too many of one asset and wanted another asset (that being the 9th overall pick) They got what they wanted and moved something they didn't need. Canucks win. Everybody happy?

We win the trade if Luongo is back to his vezina form for the rest of his contract and become a legendary, once in a generation goaltender who lead us to multiple cups.

Then no matter whatever Schneider and horvat do, we win this trade by keeping the correct goaltender.

we lost this trade by a long shot ,horvat will be a bust ,just like many canuck draft pick ..you guys just over rated this guy ..as for corey ,we trade a proving number 1goalie for a prospect..i would take corey over any propect that we have drafted ..canuck will not or ever will win the cup with that over age goalie,who done not thing but choke in pressure time ..most over rated goalie in the league ,no wonder no body in this league want to trade for him ...good luck with canuck for keeping him and for sure canuck will be fighting for playoff ...what a bunch of luo lover on this board ..

Archived