The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Valeri Nichushkin vs Bo Horvat

KellyHrudey

Sometime you pick a 3rd liner ,

sometimes you pick a 2nd liner

or maybe even a 1st liner 

Bo will be  a solid 2nd line center,   that ain't to shabbyfunny_animated_gif_995.gif

You don't say ?  KHL  , huh , Bure ?  yes sir  I think I remember , Sir ?

You sure not Sweden ?  Yes sir ,  Geterdonov ,  Yes sir.

I really wanted Nichuskin  after reading all the hype and how hé was close to Malkin in terms of potential. I watched the 1st round of the 2013 draft hoping we would get him and I was shocked we got Bo. Now hes my favorite player of all time (same àge and same type of hockey player as me although I was definetely nowhere near his level obviously) and Nichuskin is leaving.  Its absolutely crazy how time changes everything. 

On 9/20/2016 at 0:21 AM, Laheys Liquor said:

I'm a vegan.

Triggered?

anyone would be triggered seeing someone eat a sponge, or what you freaks call tofu

On 9/20/2016 at 3:46 AM, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

The absolute melt down that would have occurred if Nick was our pick from dealing Schneider and headed back to the KHL....  

i liked the meltdown that we didn't draft this stupid idiot. if nichushjksthgin was our pick, people would just be like "meh, typical canucks management" there wouldn't be that outrage, since this fan base is so desensitized towards this team after going towards 50 years of sucking

The irony of the draft day thread after a few years... I was a lurker then, but found it entertaining to read.  It should be bumped as it has relevance now. 

Hopefully we can do the the same with all the Virtannen vs Ehlers vs Nylander vs Ritchie threads.  That would be a good day. 

EW

On 05/11/2014 at 4:59 PM, D-Money said:

Once Nichushkin finishes his first contract, and asks for the moon with the threat of going back to Russia...and Horvat is more seasoned...then I expect most people would prefer Bo over Valeri.

D-Money = D-8 Ball :o

On ‎2014‎-‎11‎-‎05 at 11:50 AM, AllEyezOnMe said:

We should ask you to predict the future more often, all our questions would be answered. Horvats first game and people are already on his ....

...So...what do you want to know?

Spoiler

(Answers: Tampa, Seguin, and Clinton)

11 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

anyone would be triggered seeing someone eat a sponge, or what you freaks call tofu

i liked the meltdown that we didn't draft this stupid idiot. if nichushjksthgin was our pick, people would just be like "meh, typical canucks management" there wouldn't be that outrage, since this fan base is so desensitized towards this team after going towards 50 years of sucking

Haha. I'm a freak? You idolize a children's TV show, just saying ;) 

37 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Haha. I'm a freak? You idolize a children's TV show, just saying ;) 

My wife runs a Raw Vegan Gluten free Chocolate, Gelato Cafe with an extensive espresso, smoothie and loose leaf tea bar.  

We dont advertise the Vegan side when we are at events, until after people taste the product. They love it but if I tell people out samples are vegan before they taste it many won't because it's vegan. It amazes me how much the term Vegan polarizes people's opinion. 

Back to the topic.. Bo rocks. 

On 9/18/2013 at 1:02 AM, Kanucklehead10 said:

Nichushkin is no doubt a better player in terms of offence. He was the most nhl ready in terms of physique and he also has experience as he played in the Russian league with grown men; the canucks took horvat because they wanted depth at the center position. If the canucks wanted pure offence, they would've picked Nichuskin without a doubt. It is kind of bitter that we let Nichushkin go to Dallas, but at least Shinkaruk makes up for the offensive part.

Shinkaruk......sigh

Archived