The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Valeri Nichushkin vs Bo Horvat

KellyHrudey

Just now, Salacious Crumb said:

Cheap Kush? Where?

Heat up a chunk of metal until it's glowing friggin red hot.  Then drop it into a bathtub full of water.  You'll get a cheap "Kuuuusshhh" :lol:

maybe we could trade for Nuchushkin, and it wouldn't cost too much in assets?  

1 minute ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Perhaps Tryamkin and Pedan can put in a good word about all the beautiful Russian here in Vancouver.

are there any Russians on Dallas?  Maybe he would actually prefer it here.  I doubt .dallas has a Russian community too, and Vancouver does.

On 9/18/2013 at 3:50 PM, KellyHrudey said:

Did we pick the wrong player again?

While Horvat looked impressive in the young guns tournament, he wasn't very noticeable in his first pre-season action, while Nichushkin... scored 2 goals and had 9 O.o shots, a hit, and 2 blocked shots in his first game.

I realize it's incredibly early, but what a way to make a first impression.

Only time will tell ;)

On 9/18/2013 at 5:27 AM, tas said:

you'll be glad the canucks took horvat 3 years from now when nichushkin's entry level deal runs out and he threatens to go to russia if he doesn't get 7 mil a year.

I came back to  +1 this...turns out I did 3 years ago already 

Good call

• 2 months later...
On September 18, 2013 at 5:27 AM, tas said:

you'll be glad the canucks took horvat 3 years from now when nichushkin's entry level deal runs out and he threatens to go to russia if he doesn't get 7 mil a year.

On September 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM, Cyril Sneer said:

Ill take a heart and soul Canadian Centre over a flashy Russian 9 out of 10 times.

And I don't think this is one of those times I go Russia

On September 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Xbox said:

If we're talking about which player will be the best player in the KHL in 5 years, than easily Nichushkin.

This thread bump will be absolute gold right about now :):):) 

...can you imagine how much those same people who wanted Nichushkin would have cried if he left for Russia as a Canuck?

Schneider for runaway Nichushkin. Would've been one of the worst trades in NHL history :lol: 

8 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

...can you imagine how much those same people who wanted Nichushkin would have cried if he left for Russia as a Canuck?

Schneider for runaway Nichushkin. Would've been one of the worst trades in NHL history :lol: 

Good bump.  Lol

Ill be honest.  

There was a part of me that wanted to pick Nichushkin.   That size and skill is very intriguing.   He has incredible potential.  

But the second we picked Bo, I was stoked. 

Looks like The Canucks did their homework on that one. 

I remember this thread. 

In the end I went with Bo only because that 9th overall was our highest first round pick in the draft since 1999 and it was absolutely critical that we had to get this one right to start the rebuild. 

While Nichushkin had plenty of tantalizing traits, I wanted to be able to sleep at night given the KHL was always going to be an option.

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Nice bump

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

You wanna know something crazy? I am/ was Cyril Sneer. 

Archived