The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

And they call Henrik soft.

danjr

Well with one game in regular season Henrik will be tied for 6th for the longest Ironman streak.

Pretty elite company.

To put that in context that is almost 7 and 3/4 seasons.

There have only been 19 players to crack 500 games

of that only 11 made it past 550.

To further himself more he is one of 7 players in the WHOLE HISTORY of the league to crack 600 straight games.

He is the only Scoring champion on that list of 19 players.

To further emphasize this, there have been 6259 players in this league.

Of that total only 943 players have played more career games than that total. So about 5300 players have played less games in their whole careers, than Henrik during his streak.

So if ANYONE calls him soft please pass this along to them, and tell them to say again that he is soft.

Who's soft now?

(I don't want to jinx him, but by the end of this season 700.....WOW)

Even as a fan of a different team, I cant deny that this is an impressive achievement. This is just another item to add to an already admirable list of accolades amassed in a career that will no doubt end with a HOF induction on the first ballot.

But I would say this streak is not really a testament to his toughness, but rather a testament to just how smart of a hockey player he is. It takes alot of hockey intelligence to keep yourself out of vulnerable positions over this length of time. Very impressive!

Well with one game in regular season Henrik will be tied for 6th for the longest Ironman streak.

Pretty elite company.

To put that in context that is almost 7 and 3/4 seasons.

There have only been 19 players to crack 500 games

of that only 11 made it past 550.

To further himself more he is one of 7 players in the WHOLE HISTORY of the league to crack 600 straight games.

He is the only Scoring champion on that list of 19 players.

To further emphasize this, there have been 6259 players in this league.

Of that total only 943 players have played more career games than that total. So about 5300 players have played less games in their whole careers, than Henrik during his streak.

So if ANYONE calls him soft please pass this along to them, and tell them to say again that he is soft.

Who's soft now?

(I don't want to jinx him, but by the end of this season 700.....WOW)

Schroeder is "soft".

Raymond was "soft"

Henrik Sedin is not. Just because he doesn't fight doesn't mean he's "soft". He plays harder than anyone else along the boards, going head to head with bigger, physical defencemen and still finds a way to out-work and embarass them. To me, that's showing much more toughness than throwing a big hit on an unsuspecting player which is more cowardly than what Henrik does. He goes head to head with muscle and comes out the winner most of the time.

Schroeder is "soft".

Raymond was "soft"

Henrik Sedin is not. Just because he doesn't fight doesn't mean he's "soft". He plays harder than anyone else along the boards, going head to head with bigger, physical defencemen and still finds a way to out-work and embarass them. To me, that's showing much more toughness than throwing a big hit on an unsuspecting player which is more cowardly than what Henrik does. He goes head to head with muscle and comes out the winner most of the time.

It all depends on your definition of soft. If you think not having a mean streak makes you soft, then yes... he is. If you think not going to the dirty areas and not playing through anything makes you soft, then no... he's not.

I've mentioned this before, but words like "soft" piss people off. I could care less since it depends on what your definition of soft is. If you're going to tell me that Henrik Sedin won't go to the dirty areas, then I have a problem.

I hope he stays this way because it's a lot easier to stay healthy when you're not blocking shots or on the PK.

From what I've seen, they're doing just fine in their new roles.

Far more impressed with HS streak than J-Bos. Playoff games are more intense and Henrik would actually be ahead of Jay if those games counted.

Even as a fan of a different team, I cant deny that this is an impressive achievement. This is just another item to add to an already admirable list of accolades amassed in a career that will no doubt end with a HOF induction on the first ballot.

But I would say this streak is not really a testament to his toughness, but rather a testament to just how smart of a hockey player he is. It takes alot of hockey intelligence to keep yourself out of vulnerable positions over this length of time. Very impressive!

Archived