The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official GDT] Canucks vs Flames Oct.6th 2013 [SNET-P and SNET-W] 5:00 Vancouver Time

TheMohammadman

I wouldn't mind seeing Lack get a start. It should be a game we can use to play better than a weaker opposition and still work on the new systems. It's a couple of games where we can get on track and hopefully it continues.

I don't expect the blowout a lot of the other fans are expecting, my bestie is a die hard Flame fan so I find myself forced to follow/hear about how well the flames are doing but I think anyone thinking that if the team that played last night shows up tonight that Calgary can actually win is kind of crazy. If Van plays tonight Calgary will lose.

3-1 Canucks

Sedins

Garrison

Lames score 1.

What?

200px-Vancouver_Canucks_logo.svg.pngvs200px-Calgary_Flames_Logo.svg.png

Canucks:

254y543.jpg

Preview:

CANUCKS (1-1-0) at FLAMES (1-0-1)

TV: SNET-P, SNET-W

Season series: This is the first of five meetings between the Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames. They won’t meet again until Dec. 29 at Scotiabank Saddledome.

Big story: The Flames return to Calgary for their home opener after earning three of a possible four points on the road to start the season.

Team Scope:

Canucks: Vancouver bounced back from Thursday’s season-opening 4-1 loss to the San Jose Sharks by trouncing the Edmonton Oilers in a 6-2 victory at Rogers Arena on Saturday night. The Canucks chased Oilers goalie Devan Dubnyk, scoring five goals before the end of the second period.

"We were consistent tonight in our attack, I'm happy with that,” Canucks coach John Tortorella said. “It's about consistency, and tonight we had it."

Flames: After opening their regular season with a 5-4 shootout loss to the Washington Capitals on Thursday, Calgary earned its first win of 2013-14 Friday night in a 4-3 victory against the Columbus Blue Jackets at Nationwide Arena. Jiri Hudler and Curtis Glencross scored 42 seconds apart in the third period to spoil the Blue Jackets’ home opener.

"We have to be resilient," Hudler said. "Things are going to happen in games that don't go our way. I thought tonight was another great effort. We did a good job of holding the lead."

Who’s hot: Canucks captain Henrik Sedin had three assists and twin brother Daniel Sedin had a goal and an assist Saturday night. … Hudler has two goals in Calgary’s first two games. Flames captain Mark Giordano has three assists.

Injury report: Canucks center Jordan Schroeder (broken foot) is on injured reserve and will miss three weeks. ForwardZack Kassian is serving a five-game suspension. … Flames forward Mike Cammalleri is out with a hand injury.

Projected Canuck's Lineup:

Sedin-Sedin- Hansen

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Weise-Santorelli-Richardson

Stestio-Daple-Weber

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Stanton-Tanev

Projected Flames Lineup:

Who Cares?

CAtch the Action at 5:00 O'clock VANcouver Time

GO Canucks GO

:towel:

Highlights/Final Score:

Will post

Yes, its the start of the year, so fatigue should not really be a factor, but I worry we will not be able to put forth the same physical effort (as far as along the boards and speed wise) as we did last night.

lets hope that we don't give up too many scoring chances and that Lack is able to shut the door for us.

I think we'll take it 3-2 and it will be a bit of a grindy game.

HOMEflames.jpg

After thrilling their fans with a 6-2 win in their home opener last night against the Oilers, the Canucks will look to spoil the home opener for the Flames when these two heated rivals clash at the Scotiabank Saddledome tonight in Calgary.

Vancouver is looking to string to consecutive wins for the first time in this young season when they battle Calgary in the first of five meetings this season and they'll be turning to the Sedin twins to lead the way again. The twins were extremely effective against the Flames last season combining for two goals and 15 points in just five games played.

The Flames, likewise, are looking to post back-to-back wins for the first time this season as well. They earned three of a possible four points in their two-game road trip to begin the season, which included knocking off the Blue Jackets 4-3 on Friday. Joey MacDonald, who led the Flames to their first win of the season, will get the start for the Flames. It will be just his third career start against the Canucks and his first as a Flame.

Puck drop at 5 pm PT - Live on Sportsnet Pacific, The TEAM 1040, or online at teamradio.ca.

vancouver.png

Season Record

1-1-0

1-0-1

Season Series

0-0-0

0-0-0

All-time Series

94-118-38

123-84-43

calgary.png

Keys to the Game

vancouver.png

Shoot first and don't ask questions. The Canucks have shown over the years that they can be a very successful team when they push the pace on offence and having a shoot first mentality like they did last night is more likely than not to lead to goals.

vancouver.png

Take the crowd out early. Just as the fans at Rogers Arena were pumped up last night for the Canucks home opener, you'd have to expect the same to be the case for the fans tonight at the Saddledome when the Flames play their first home game of the season. A few early markers might get them to start sitting on their hands.

calgary.png

Attack Lack. If the Canucks decide to go with their rookie netminder in the tail end of the back-to-back, the Flames need to give him a rude welcoming to the NHL by making life as difficult as possible for him.

By the Numbers

Game losing streak for the Flames in home openers.

Shorthanded goals scored by the Canucks last night, equaling their entire total from the 2012.13 season.

Wins for the Canucks over the Flames last year in five games played.

Points for Henrik Sedin (1-7-8) against the Flames last season, leading all players in the season series.

Captains in Flames franchise history. Mark Giordano became the latest taking over the vacant position previously held by Jarome Iginla.

Total games of NHL experience combined between Karri Ramo and Joey MacDonald combined. Miikka Kiprusoff, who retired in the off-season, had 623 games of regular season experience.

Archived