The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Santorelli: Is he the steal of the Free Agency?

RAMBUTANS

Santorelli is basically this season's version of Andrew Ebbett (with much more skill, thankfully). Also our Jeff Tambellini. Let's just see if he brings some consistency to his game.

Not really. Santorelli actually is earning a spot in the lineup. Ebbett is a useless plug who doesn't belong in the NHL, and only got icetime because the Canucks coach was a complete moron.

It doesn't have to be the steal of free agency to be a good depth signing.

I'm just glad it looks like we might finally have some scoring depth in our bottom 6. Hopefully Weise, Santorelli and Richardson continue to develop chemistry.

I think alot of it also comes from Tortorella's willingness to play 4th liners and have them be offensive. AV played 4th liners very sparingly, and when he did he simply told them to dump and chase and kill time until the other players were rested. Good teams don't do that.

Not really. Santorelli actually is earning a spot in the lineup. Ebbett is a useless plug who doesn't belong in the NHL, and only got icetime because the Canucks coach was a complete moron.

You must have forgotten how good Ebbett played in his first year with the Canucks

Way too early to make to many judgements on Santorelli or Raymond. We've seen the latter have great starts only to fade away.

Love to see it work, along with Stanton.

It seems every team that makes a run has at least one guy who is either a project or dime a dozen nobody who has a career playoff. When's that gonna happen with us?

If we get that plus our core doing well....then....maybe

Obviously with 2 goals Santorelli's going to get positive attention as he should but i've been more impressed with his positioning, battle level and board work, speed and hockey sense.

This guy is no fluke. His game is very well rounded and he will stick around be a big part of the team and contribute in several ways all season.

Obviously with 2 goals Santorelli's going to get positive attention as he should but i've been more impressed with his positioning, battle level and board work, speed and hockey sense.

This guy is no fluke. His game is very well rounded and he will stick around be a big part of the team and contribute in several ways all season.

Oh come on... I find Ebbett to be a more useful player off the puck... Santorelli is one dimensional and was the right place right time... Ebbett played great defensively and kept the puck out of the net for the Canucks. He was a more important player than Santorelli

Archived