The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Santorelli: Is he the steal of the Free Agency?

RAMBUTANS

1st we have to make the play-offs.

Ask this question again when we can beat the Sharks.

Much as I'd like to see the tides turn on the Sharks, I could live with a 0 percent record against them, including the pre-season, or just four wins in the post-season in case they meet there again...

I don't care so much about those details as long as the Canucks go farther than they do this year.

I've been saying it all along, Santorelli is probably the steal of the FA. He has a history of 20 goal seasons with our Southeast affiliate. He has shown strong games throughout the pre-season as well as the first few games of the season. Deservingly, he scored 2 beautiful goals at this game including the goal winner. What do you think?

It's only 2 games. Some one always breaks out of the gate, the question is can his pace stay?

Plays with heart..his puck pursuit reminds me of burrows. Really like him a lot, and of course since he is a hometown kid I hope he is dedicated enough to want to be a part of this team for a long time because coaches will value what he brings over a one dimensional sniper any day of the week.

Santorelli is impressing so far. Not overly big, but he puts out an exhastive work rate, battles hard, and has a good hockey IQ. Doing those things leads to point production when on the ice. I just hope he can keep it up once the reinforcements (Burr, Kass, Shroeder) arrive.

I don't think he has played a iffy game yet and that includes pre-season. Should have had an assist last night. All of your above plus he goes to the net and creates options. Schneids robbed him as well. I like the way Torts has mixed lines. He dropped Hanson and added Santorelli to the Twins.

I am really wondering how Schroeder gets back in with the way Richardson and Santorelli are playing.

Still don't think it was deserving of a thread, buddy. Mostly a PGT post, or something you make a thread about after seeing all the other free agents for a couple of weeks. :)

Then DON"T read the thread. derrrrr. Sometimes ya just gotta be smarter than those orange cone shaped things that coach makes you skate around! gawwwd :)

Archived