The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Santorelli a "feel good story" or "the real deal"?

Pasific Coluseum

Obviously too early to get hopes up too high but is Mike Santorelli just having a run of good luck and fortune like Peter Schaeffer or could he be a huge surprise like Canadians Brenden Gallagher?

I just have this feeling that Santorelli wouldn't have succeeded under the AV regime

What do we truly have in Santorelli? This guy is getting clutch goals and is on a 2 way contract unbelievable!!!

The biggest difference between Santorelli and say Schaeffer/Tambellini is that Santorelli has both skill and work ethic. Tambellini had skill and Schaeffer had work ethic, but neither really had both.

Santorelli should thrive under Torts because of the strict north/south philosophy being instilled. He's a hard working guy that fits Torts' style to a T. Very similar to a Burrows but I'd say that Burrows is grittier, stronger and a bit more skilled.

No matter what happens Santorelli is an upgrade on guys like Ebbet, Lapierre, Weise, Dalpe, Sestito, Schroeder, Jensen etc at this point. He should have a spot somewhere in the top 9 on pretty much any given night if he can at least maintain his work ethic. I expect about 15 goals from him this season, so I'm not thinking he's going to return to his previous heights, but it's the other stuff he brings to the squad that is really important.

I'd say local boy achieves dream of playing for the Canucks is a feel good story for now.

Since his body of work is so small, he's going to have to continue to contribute and make an impact for at least a couple of seasons before he can be called the read deal.

Umm, well he's more flesh and blood then paper and glue so I'm guessing he's more of the real deal as compared to a storybook.

He's a previous 20 goal scorer who came into camp in better shape than anyone, even the Sedins. Is he going to get 62 points this year. Probably not but he seems to realize he has a real opportunity to plunk himself in the middle of a real good team and he is giving himself every opportunity to succeed.

Never looked that good, and certainly not in all three zone. He might have had a few offensive outburst, and not from the start like Santo.

The biggest difference between Santorelli and say Schaeffer/Tambellini is that Santorelli has both skill and work ethic. Tambellini had skill and Schaeffer had work ethic, but neither really had both.

Santorelli should thrive under Torts because of the strict north/south philosophy being instilled. He's a hard working guy that fits Torts' style to a T. Very similar to a Burrows but I'd say that Burrows is grittier, stronger and a bit more skilled.

No matter what happens Santorelli is an upgrade on guys like Ebbet, Lapierre, Weise, Dalpe, Sestito, Schroeder, Jensen etc at this point. He should have a spot somewhere in the top 9 on pretty much any given night if he can at least maintain his work ethic. I expect about 15 goals from him this season, so I'm not thinking he's going to return to his previous heights, but it's the other stuff he brings to the squad that is really important.

Archived