The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers | SNET-P | 4:00 PM |

Assistant GM

I was proponent of trading Edler pre-season.

I'm not anymore. I am missing that extra pinch or step into the slot which gives guys a chance to break open from the cycle, a better knack for a quick pass and certainly that shot. Maybe I'm over reacting; we generated a lot of puck movement the first two periods against Montreal.

For all the puck control we are not breaking out of the cycle to create chances...

Fark; I was just whinging to myself about how few transition opportunities we get, considering our speed. Hansen misses one; and Philly converts an awkward, but nonetheless transition goal. And they have gone up ice like that more than we have.

We do need to kick start our transition game as a weapon. For all the "attack" commentary, we are not aggressive in transition.

Torts needs to tweak his defensive zone system a little. While blocking shots is great and is essential, it's causing the Canucks to put no pressure on the points when the opponents have the puck at the blue line. Not to mention the fact that many of the attempted blocks that fail are causing problems for Luongo.

Archived