The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] NYI Matt Moulson + Picks for BUF Thomas Vanek

Strombone1

Another wrinkle in the Vanek deal: if the 1st round pick NYI sent Buff ends up top 10 in June, Isles have option to defer the pick to 2015. So it's Isles' option to either have Buffalo pick this year or next if it's top 10. A little insurance for Isles” – Pierre LeBrun

So if the pick is 1-10 the isles have the option of taking it back. but they don"t have to, interesting option seeing as the 2015 is deeper and has Mcdavid, nobody wants to lose their ticket to that lottery

Islanders weren't doing too bad when they made this deal. But they have been in free-fall ever since.

Doesn't help that Vanek suffered an injury right away. But I'm wondering if Moulson was a well-liked guy, and dealing him fostered disappointment among the other players. Makes MM look even more desirable as a rental option.

I may have been one of the few people that "sort of" liked this deal for the Islanders. They are my favourite team, so I was convinced that Vanek would not only sign an extension with the Isles, but that the team would actually vault into a playoff position.

My bad.

I may have been one of the few people that "sort of" liked this deal for the Islanders. They are my favourite team, so I was convinced that Vanek would not only sign an extension with the Isles, but that the team would actually vault into a playoff position.

My bad.

Yup, you'll be getting a phone call from Snow soon to let you know he'll be throwing you under the bus in the pre-game presser for the team's losing streak.

Bad move.

Now they either throw away a lottery pick in 2014 or throw away a chance at Connor McDavid in 2015.

Yup.

If they finish very low this year, baring any major movements, they will probably be a bad team next year. It's very hard to see them turning it around that quickly. Double edged sword. As the other said, this trade is looking terrible for them right now.

Also don't see him wanting to re sign with the New York Islanders franchice.

Seguin is quickly becoming better than Kessel by himself let alone Hamilton too.

Seguin is 4 years younger as well. I think the Bruins system was actually suppressing the guy. Probably the same with Kessel.

Let Seguin be an all-star. As long as it isn't on Boston, go for it.

Another wrinkle in the Vanek deal: if the 1st round pick NYI sent Buff ends up top 10 in June, Isles have option to defer the pick to 2015. So it's Isles' option to either have Buffalo pick this year or next if it's top 10. A little insurance for Isles” – Pierre LeBrun

So if the pick is 1-10 the isles have the option of taking it back. but they don"t have to, interesting option seeing as the 2015 is deeper and has Mcdavid, nobody wants to lose their ticket to that lottery

If the Isles are scrapping the bottom again in 2015 even Brooklyn will disown them. I feel sorry for

Taverres.

Archived