The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sportsnet's Dane Fox: Jets GM has been fielding calls for Evander Kane

Southpop45

If we could somehow make a deal for Kane, it would be almost a dream come true. He's the one guy I always hope we could acquire. I was hoping GMMG would have pulled a Schneider + _____ deal for Kane and Pavelec in the summer. We could have shipped Ondrej onward and have a top notch second line at our disposal.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian (in a perfect world)

Burrows-Kesler-Kane

Higgins-Santorelli-Hansen

Archibald-Richardson-Weise

Would probably take something like...

Horvat, Corrado, 1st + possibly another prospect/pick anywhere between Jensen-3rd. They may have interest in Lack, though that would be hard to swallow, would need to make a quick move for another backup.

Would pay it.

Stop throwing Horvats name in there.

We gave up a starting goalie for the guy and now we-re going to trade him before he even makes the team?

The coach battle reasoning looks like a smokescreen, as any GM would fire Noel instantly if it meant keeping Kane.

imho Kane has kinda wanted out since the team moved to Winnipeg. His deal is reasonable and he could be a very important piece on a contending squad. I would trade for him in a heartbeat. He has no say in where he goes though and we'd be outbid by a lot of teams.

Gaunce is doing insanely well on the worst team in the league in the OHL, is a big body and defensively sound.

Take the Sutter out of your ear and see that five 1st round picks for a young Power forward is more than enough,

Oh really. Would you trade Kesler for a package that includes a #4-#5 defenceman, two late first round picks, as well as two b prospects?

Stop throwing Horvats name in there.

We gave up a starting goalie for the guy and now we-re going to trade him before he even makes the team?

Horvat is not staying if we are realistically bringing in someone of Kanes calibre. He's the first name that comes up as long as a current roster player isn't waiving a clause to move. Schnieder should have been moved for someone like Kane, so I don't see why the return shouldn't be..

We still have Gaunce, who could step in if the position opens up. Shinkaruk as well.

Thered be a long lineup for Evander... The cost would be extremely significant.

Edler + Jensen for Kane.... Im sure someone out there would be able to top that offer tho.

ya good point. now it's not sending kane value while filling wpg needs its creating the biggest package anyone has to offer

Deadline AAV

icon_10chart-blue_help.png $5,267,128

Well, would you look at that. Just enough cap space to squeeze in a $5.25m cap hit at the deadline.

Do we even have the assets Cheveldayoff would be asking for in return? I'm guessing it would start with Horvat, Jannik Hansen, and who knows what else.

Archived