The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CBC Bias

panelguy

When you watch Monday night football a national broadcast or any national broadcast of an NFL football game , you get an unbiased calling of the game.

Why in Canada must we tolerate such a one sided biased national broadcast of hockey like Hockey Night In Canada.

The Leafs are on on every Saturday night usually at home, now that TSN is involved they show several Leaf games a week.

The commentators see only one team on the ice when calling the game which is an insult to every other Canadian team.

Somehow it would be nice to get the league or CBC to get a more fair commitment and professional airing of hockey or change the name to Hockey Night In Toronto.

I know all about supply and demand and big markets but that doesn't seem to be the case in the NFL broadcasts.

Jim Hughson's raging hard on for the Canucks more than compensates.

Get that guy of national TV and bring me Gord Miller.

Well, he only talks about the Canucks twice a season when we play your Leafs.

We always get stuck with Lee and Hrudey. :picard:

Well, he only talks about the Canucks twice a season when we play your Leafs.

We always get stuck with Lee and Hrudey. :picard:

Watch more HNIC broadcasts, its amazing how many times he mentions a Canuck in a game that doesn't involve them.

Watch more HNIC broadcasts, its amazing how many times he mentions a Canuck in a game that doesn't involve them.

So one guy? While Healy, Cherry, MacLean, Stock, Weekes, and Cole mention Leafs in every game regardless of if it involves the Leafs?

Jim Hughson's raging hard on for the Canucks more than compensates.

Get that guy off national TV and bring me Gord Miller.

Happily.

Take him off CBC and put him on a real sports network.

He's so out of place surrounded by those morons.

He's the best in the business and it has nothing to do with whether or not he likes the Canucks.

The CBC without Hughson is a titanic failure.

Jim Hughson mentions the Canucks at least 17 times per game when hes calling a game. I also think he is a terrible broadcaster, Hrudy isnt that bad though. But yes, CBC is biased towards Toronto, but I find that in the late games Vancouver always gets more coverage then Calgary or Edmonton each season, so its not all bad for the Nucky fans.

Jim Hughson mentions the Canucks at least 17 times per game when hes calling a game. I also think he is a terrible broadcaster, Hrudy isnt that bad though. But yes, CBC is biased towards Toronto, but I find that in the late games Vancouver always gets more coverage then Calgary or Edmonton each season, so its not all bad for the Nucky fans.

What alternate Universe are you 'watching' in? .. Hrudey is a mumble-mouthed Calgary sycophant .. he thinks about as quick as mud

Yea cause there is nobody on Toronto worth talking about.

That's not true. There's Phil "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK" Kessel, Joffrey "Kadri-Killer" Lupul, Nazeem "I punch out of my weight class" Kadri, James van "give me a love tap with the butt of your stick and I'll act like I've just been shot by an Armalite" Riemsdyk.

Lots to talk about. Tons

Archived